Tree of Savior Forum

Cryo / Kino Build - need advice

Hello , I am trying to decide btween theese 3 builds:

• has Raise wich transpasses bloodletting , can dish out good damage with Ice wall + PP + Dark Theurge
  • Deals insane damage with runes of ice + ice wall + pp , lacks cc since plague doctors can make the team imune to freeze also pillar of frost is unreliable
  • Best of both builds but doesn’t get to pick runes of ice neither dark theuge

What do you guys think ? Which will work better for PvP/GvG ?

Either go Cryo 1 or 3 don’t stop at 2
Rune cater abilities have a 8 sec cast time so quick cast is needed.
Best build for pvp is cryo3 kino3, works good in pve too with all that cc.

Make sure to get pillar of frost since it’s a magnet, drags all the mobs in one place.
Max ice wall.
Magnetic force is a bite unreliable.
Look for an ice wall guide for a proper way to use ice wall to its full potential.

1 Like

Thanks to share @Nafff

How this build works killing bosses or going to earth tower? I mean, Cryo3 Kino3.

I’m a cryo3psy3 full CON and recommend this build for PVP and GvG. (Actually i never lost a duel, even against players 60 levels higher than me).
It’s also very useful for dungeons and grind parties since you can infinite CC mobs and still dish some dmg. Ice wall + pp still hits like a truck even without the rune.

@edit: the 3rd build needs some changes in the skill points allocation though.

1 Like

Thanks for the input Nafff, I disagree on quickcast for rune caster, IMO you will only have the chance to cast your runes before the encounter, both pvp and pve even with quickcast you would get 4 sec cast time too long for casting during a fight (unless you have some kind of safe zone from druid/PD).

Also I’ve heard that pillar of frost does not work properly in pvp, dont know if this is true but I based my idea of going cryo C2 in this information.

runecaster… only isa has real synergy for you, and the downtime is huge. it seems better to party with a runecaster than to be one with your build. runecaster would be slightly better if you decided to get lots of CON with giant rune. SPR is always a mistake with %sp cost skills.

cryo2 is terrible- gust only needs lvl1 and only really benefits you if you use with icewall. but you want to use kino with icewall instead. and subzero shield gets exponentially better at cryo3. if you want kino with 2 ranks, you’d be better off with pyro1 linker1 kino1. psychic pressure works with linked fireballs and becomes amazing.

to hit 16 icewalls you are gonna need kino2, or 7 aoe ratio from somewhere… amazing equipment, or 5 from sorcerer familiar . sorcerer also gets alot of sp regen that you might want. so its either kino2? sorc1? or some amazing gear. kino2/3 is the most popular choice for the rarer skills, and kino2 gets PP stun attribute.

Remember featherfoot works very well with both Cryo 3 and Kino 3, Warlock is better for linkers I believe.

Wiz > Cryo 3 > Kino 3 is a very solid 7 rank build, best PvP build probably and good enough at PvE.

Wiz > Cryo 2/3 > Kino 2/3 > Warlock or Featherfoot is better if you look up to taking further circles of Warlock or Featherfoot as later ranks are released. I’d go Cryo 2, you already have Subzero shield and Kino 3 CC is better than Cryo 3 CC, Ice Wall level 10 is enough.