Tree of Savior Forum

Cryo build opinions

Hi everyone

Im a bit bored now with paly (sorc is on bench untill hes tweaked and summ ai is fixed) and im thinking about doing new char to have fun while taking a break from pally (too bad im too used to gamepad and its horrible when playing archer class xd). But back to the point im thinking about full ice damage build ( i dont care it psycho or wiz 3 is a TOP BEST or cookiecutter route i want to have fun with spell type i love the most). And this is my build but im not sure if those skills well be good to play solo/party:

idk if ice wall is worth of so much points and if sub zero is even good but i dont have idea where to place free points( ice bolt maybe?)

The only problem with that build is without surespell and quickcast from wiz 3 ele skills can be a pain to use.

youre probably right but i want full ice build and atm we have only 7 circles ;]my only issue is how to allocate skill points in cryo class because if i max ice pike and frost pillar idk go much invest in wall and if sub zero is even worth. And im not going for i want top/max/imba/op dmg i just want to have fun with ice element spells;]

There is no need to max ice wall, usually lvl 8-10 is enough. You should get snow rolling, its actually a really good skill even at level 1, but it really shines at lvl 5. Also you might want to get ice bolt (50% freeze chance) i advice you to get min 3 points in it for the faster cast time.

Frost Pillar: usually i would say 5 points is a must, but since you want to be a damage dealer i think 1 point is okay, if you need the points for damage spells elsewhere.

Subzero Shield is pretty much useless in pve if you are not tanking and i guess from your build that you wont put many points in con, its good in pvp tho.

If you want to be able to solo at level 200+ you need to get electrocute, it really combos well with ice wall and it does more damage on frozen monster, because of your cryo passive. Also cryo damage spells are really bad compared to other damage spells later on, so you will mostly depend on your elementalist damage spells for damage and cryo damage spells for cc.

I highly recommend 5 points in Snow rolling not only is it a great skill but its just fun to use. Also 5 points in Frost Pillar i would say is something you should do, not only is it great for any group grinding or dungeon it just a good skill overall.

hmmm so what skill pick out to get this ? drop meteor and take electrocute?

Yeah drop meteor, it sucks without wizard C3.

You want to max electrocute, because you get 50% more damage on frozen targets from cryo passive, 35% more damage from rain and 100% more matk damage on frozen targets from electrocute passive. So you have to drop 5 points somewhere and your best choice is to drop 5 points from freezing sphere, because hail and frost cloud have higher DPS.

Its actually hard to figure out how much DPS increase you have from elctrocute 10 to elctrocute 15 Maybe someone can comment on that, because i think freezing sphere lvl 10 is better on bosses than electrocute lvl 15 on bosses, but on normal mobs electrocute lvl 15 should be always better.

1 Like

So ive changed some skills and ended with this:

hmm what about stat build ? Going full int (con from quests and statues) like i did with my supp/sorc would be doable or better go 4/3:1 int:con ?

Drop more points from Freezing Sphere (or 1 from Electrocute) for Promi 1 and Meteor 1.

Prominence sucks but it’ll do more good than 73 more base damage for Freezing Sphere. It also helps with leveling and luring as it hits monsters near you as you run by.

Meteor 1 shouldn’t be thaaaat terrible without Quick Cast. It’ll only take as much time as a full charge Energy Bolt.