Tree of Savior Forum

Could use some feedback to decide which class path to take

Hello, I planned to play C3 Sorcerer as my first character and currently struggle with class choice prior to that.

My first idea was to go Wiz - Pyro - Pyro - Pyro - Sorc - Sorc - Sorc
The idea was that I won’t be needing further circles on Wizard since Sorcerer doesn’t have any cast time associated with their skills, just animation.
So I decided to go for C3 Pyro for high DMG spells that would accompany and supplement the choice of Sorcerer as a “Utility” class.

The corresponding build would be:

After a few days of thinking of potential improvements for the class choice I came to realize that Hell Breath would be a bad synergy with Summoner as it consumes 3% SP per second while channeling and Sorcerer already has natural SP recovery disabled while having a Devil out.

With that in mind I took another look at the possible options and classes that have a good synergy to Pyro C2.
The choices were quite clear and lead to either Linker or Psychokino.
Linker would open up a support / utility role for early dungeons and useful skills even for later progression in the game.
Psychokino seems interesting for the burst potential on Fireball + Psychic Pressure combo.
I am leaning towards Psychokino but heard that Linker outperforms Psychokino on almost every situation.

TL;DR:
Looking for opinions on which path to choose from the 3 given builds.

Thanks for your time.

Out of the builds you’ve shown, I think the one with linker included is pretty useful with the skills you’ve chosen. But Psycho is good too. It depends on whether you want to chain the monsters together or if you want to have the mobility skills.

I haven’t played Psychokino much myself, but I’m using it in my character based on my experiences in cbt. It’s nice to have a getaway. Plus they increased the cool down in a recent patch on the linker skills and I was a c2 linker last time. It’s a great class regardless though, and gives you a different kind of play style–that’s more of what it comes down to. Which playstyle you want.

If you take linker, I suggest linker 2.

If you take Kino, I suggest Kino 3.

If you take Sorcerer, I suggest Sorc 2.

If you take pyro, I’d tell you not to go Pyro 3, 1 or 2 is most likely good enough since it’s skills will most likely be only fillers in your late-game build.

Remember from these 4 classes you try to put together, the one who goes worst into late game is pyro, the best is linker, follower by Kino and only then Sorc (though Linker + Sorc makes sorc greater than Kino).

Thanks for the feedback, greatly appreciated!

It seems like Linker would be the better choice in the end, however I don’t think I am willing to drop Pyro 2 for Linker 2.
So hopefully Linker 1 will suffice for my needs.

Yeah but the difference for high-end content is much better with linker, Pyro 1 already gives you bonus auto-attack and 2 good filler spells. After Earth tower people started to see Linker 1 is not a good choice, if you want you can simply drop Linker, actually Kino3 already gives you a lot of CC and some AoE.

Remember Wiz3 will mostly outclass Pyro for damage content. Good luck.

Hm, interesting.
I thought Wiz3 would only pay off for classes that rely on surespell / quickcast for channeling skills or skills with a longer cast time.

Might consider to drop Pyro altogether and go for Wiz3 Linker1 Sorc3 instead.

Aaah too many options, well there is still enough time to reconsider.

By the way, I forgot to ask…
Why do you recommend Sorcerer 2 and not Sorcerer 3?
I don’t particularly have any interest in the R7 classes but would like to hear your opinion on Sorc3

I’m planning a wiz3>psych3 build for my first char, but Sorc with plenty of filler spells is going to be my second character.

I too am interested to know why people steer clear of Sorc3, when Desmodus and Evocation look so powerful. They’re far easier to use than Warlock, as you don’t need to kill anything, and the cooldowns are pretty decent too.

BTW, if passive SP regen is removed, how do Sorcs cast spells over time? Just keep using pots?

Sorcerers gain access to an attribute that helps the natural SP recovery, not sure how effective it’s going to be though.

Probably unsummon your devil, if that’s even possible and fight with your filler spells hoping you regain more SP than you spend…