Tree of Savior Forum

Corsair/thaumaturge/linker

3 Likes

you link but not hook :confused:

seems like using dwa is still an ultimate struggle.

can you try experimenting on what are potential linker thauma farmers for HG/fields?

Im thinking linker thauma bm/rogue/assassin

Too cool! I’ve always been a corsair fan. I really like the animations of cosair’s skills, too bad I never main swordsman, so my cosair is quite weak…

The OST sounds familiar. Is it from ragnarok? I think it’s the song from an area called banana republic or something, it has ape related monsters like orangutan.

Corsair probably, as others said in the other build the premium end farming build to make back the money you invested with pillaging (if still included). Single Target or small, hard hitting aoe attacks are best for links, therefore this will be the start.

Single target skills like spirit shock have never been good for link, AoE skills always did better. AoE attack ratio will be important for scout linker builds.

Meant it more in a way of, if you have a single target skill that has high damage. Of course targeted AoE is best, which is one of the reasons Flare worked or currently still does work, same goes for Fireball or Storm Cloud.
Also helps to max the links as the more targets you have the higher overall damage is.

The lack of projectiles/taunts is a bit of a flaw as a farmer. Only works in areas with active mobs.

Link + Thaum being in a close combat tree is a build-making challenge in itself.

That said I will definitely make and enjoy this build.

Why?
You link and you pull, you can even hit them before linking to aggro. I don’t see how it is a flaw.
I farm with Pyro and that still works despite you being right in the face of mobs due to the range of some skills.
People farmed with FF as well, which used Melee skills to kill them.
Most of the Scout classes have a pistol or some form of range as well as most mobs being aggressive to begin with, outside some maps.

Can’t Outlaw taunt? At least I saw a skill for it in the discussion.

1 Like

Link + Thaum as a Wizard had a built-in projectile AA that reaches mobs near the edge of the screen.
It could be jump-cancelled too, making for a smooth gathering of scattered mobs.

Pistol shots are shorter range than Wizard AA and plant you into the ground.
I can’t see myself using Link + Thaum + Corsair in a map scattered with passive mobs.

Linker + Thaum + X
Class X needs to be Outlaw for the farmer to have a taunt.
Class X needs to be Bullet Marker or Enchanter to have a mobile projectile.

All choices happen to have good AoE finishers but I call that a fairly restricted set of paths.
In other words Scout tree is well balanced :distinguished:

People will make Corsair work somehow and it will be a great farming build. =P

for tagging mobs, you can use the pistol’s regular auto-attack or Corsair’s flag to group up enemies.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.