Tree of Savior Forum

Corsair 3 after rebalance

Ok, that’s still early to be 100% sure, but I think i’m going:

• STR (most of it) + CON (like 60-100)
  • one of this builds (all Sw3-Hop2-Cor3):
  1. https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skill-planner#111144888.3f4f556a.1a3a5575.122f7d8a95 (Dust Devil 13 is suddenly 963% slash dmg three times in a row once in 20 sec)

2. https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skill-planner#111144888.3f4f556a.1a3a5575.1f2f8a95 (no fillers at all, more of a PvP build; BUT any archer in my party will deal +57% when comboed, and I have a feeling that’s a bigger deal than I can do personally when speaking about party dmg)

As for DWA, I have my doubts. Does it even have a place in a STR+CON build? Still, taking DWA will probably mean JR 8 DWA 7 => 36% combo dmg as well. Downside - it’s yet another self-buff (already has too much). And also hard to use in mousemode, I’ll have to link buttons using mousemode.xml and it remains to be seen if it’ll work.

PS. No hauling, not going without Chain attribute. I also wonder if Concentration is worth losing so much in Pain Barrier, but I’ll try and see for myself. If it proves bad lategame, maybe I’ll add Double Slash later.

PS2. Another important question is whether Spear Lunge still increases Pistol Shot damage after rebalance. As dmg type of pistol was changed.

1 Like

Wow senpai will come back :grinning:

Umm, you’re not going to get any use for bash knockback at all? I think it wouldn’t hurt overall damage capacity that much if we remove some points from Gung Ho or Concentration.

Well, I say from PvE perspective, maybe things are different in PvP. I guess you have your reason.

As for the class build itself, I believe your pick will be fine within the current content. However, if we consider the possibility of rank 9, I’d rather stick with traditional spear corsair build (your old build?) sw2-hop2-cor3-shin.

It’s just my speculation, I believe Retiarius will come rank 9.

But there will most likely have another rank reset some time later after rank 9 come out, so we can still enjoy with what we can see right now. :slight_smile:

Anyway, let’s call for more Corsair lovers @humanoirchan @SlyGoat @Awoooo

1 Like

I really like DWA, it’s honestly one of my favourite skills in the game, but don’t know if it will be useful. It was not useful before due to skill rotations outshining it in almost every way. I only used it because I like it aesthetically. Chop chop chop.

It’s quite hard for me to judge anything about ktest changes as I haven’t dug into it and haven’t been back long enough to be up to date on changes I missed in our game. I’m probably a few weeks away from being able to contribute in the same kind of way I could before.

Plus I haven’t touched my Corsair yet since coming back. But she’s next char on my list of R8s to get up to standard.

Bash is possible (even if lvl 1, cuz I already have attribs), but I don’t have a lot of buttons with a mousemode and, well, I rarely had an opportunity to really use it in the past, so maybe it’s not that relevant after all. But Bash is not my concern.

My main concern atm is whether Concentration lvl 15 will be still relevant lategame. Without concentration I would prob go 1-3 Bash, 15 Gung, 10 restrain, 5 doubleslash, 12-14 pain barrier.

Another thing I dislike about both DWA and Concentrate is that they are self-buffs. Would hate to get DWA cancelled because there is no Daino in a party. And keep spamming buttons lol.

Having made 3 Swordsmen, two of which were SW1, you go Lv15 Pain Barrier or don’t bother being SW3. That’s the main point of going SW3.

4 Likes

I look forward to the corsair changes, i realy enjoy playing my corsair right now, too.

But looking at those skill balances i feel Corsair will be even stronger. -> I dont think corsair is weak to begin with. I can easily farm those 315 materials, which are needed…(Looking at you Kugheri Lyoni Horns)

Im not sure what build i´ll go for, but i realy like my Corsair3-Shinobi right now.
Also i dont believe going Gung-ho and Concentrate will be that good. U
either choose Gung-Ho or Concentrate. -> For Str builds i would lvl up Gung-Ho, for Dex builds Concentrate.

Also i can only back up on @DiMeowgio

This is definitly true…and tbh. Everytime i play a swordman of mine which hasn´t Pain Barrier 15 i always wish i would have it…

For Sw3 i´d put skill points like that:
Bash 3 (Cuz its super easy to use, and is very strong in itself)
Pain Barrier 15 (Nothing left to say…)
Restrain 10 (Having another CC is very nice, makes going Glass Cannon as melee viable)
Gung-Ho 15 (This increases ur PAtk and is stronger in every aspect than Concentrate ever could be. PAtk will get scaled stronger than Concentrate.
-> With high enhanced attributes the gap between Gung-HO and Concnetrate will widen even more in favor of Gung-Ho…) -> Gung-Ho will need STR in the rebalnce patch, tho, but my plan looks like i´ll go mainly STR, and Dex via Ellaganos Cards + Leather Armors…

It’s just that I played Sw2 which is exact same seconds of PB as Sw3 with PB 5.

You’ve been gone a while, I understand you’re confused.

Of course, Lv5 PB will have the same amount of seconds as Lv5 PB regardless if it’s on a SW1, SW2 or SW3 (except if you’ve learned the attribute). Why is this even here?

*Take note, going SW3 gives you access to PB’s attribute for an additional 5 seconds. Essentially bringing the downtime to just 5s.

34s Duration versus 39s CD

It’s your character. I’ve weighed in on something that I’ve personally noticed to be the key goal of anyone going SW3.

You’re free to do what you like.

Peace out~ :v:

I still hate ToS PVP and Corsair’s role in it, so no comment on PVP builds, but the biggest change for me is in reduced strength of Spear Lunge debuff along with rank weighing less in class strength meaning that the archetypal spear build may no longer be necessary.

Changes to Frenzy and obviously the addition of DEX attack speed means you might actually be able to utilize DWA for a real autoattack build with E.G. a Corsair3 Barb3 build, but you’d need a high crit rate somehow.

Alternatively Hoplite3 at R8 seems less ridiculously weak than before in the classic build, and if they maintain the 10 second cooldown Spear Throw design (which I’m personally not a fan of) you can still use DWA as a filler skill.

I might even end up trying Fencer at R8, since the new damage formula makes the defense ignoring properties of Attaque Coquille so much stronger (assuming it doesn’t end up getting hugely nerfed like Skull Swing), and Pistol + Rapier is obviously the ultimate swag build.

1 Like

IMO full pvp corsair is a wasted if u want pve too u need shinobi, may be u can keep sword 3 for damages bonus and restrains stuns and put barb 1 for bonus to slash damage with cleave that will improve the pve damage.

shinobi for pvp, pros: u gain 1 hit barrier with mokuton and u gain stealt with 2 skills
https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skill-planner#11116888d.3f4f516985.4595b5.1f243159718a95.11254455 i would chose some like that.

You don’t have to worry about this matter. There’s some mechanic for buff priority implemented a while ago.

Basically, your own buff take the 1st priority, you can keep them all if they’re not exceed the whole maximun buffs you can have. Shop buffs are the 2nd priority and buff from other party members are the 3rd one.

I can’t find any official reference to quote at the moment, but it definitely works like that.

1 Like

Didn’t know about that. Good to know, thanks!

What’s the benefits of levelling up Jolly Roger right now (aside from the increase missile damage when comboed fever time)???

No other benefits, Pillaging is now built in your Corsair Rank (C1/C2/C3) you get more missile damage only, leveling up the ability

1 Like

thanks for your reply,

i heard that it helps with DWA stamina usage but now DWA uses sp (or nothing?)