Tree of Savior Forum

Congratulations on killing SILUTE IMC

Pessoas, reportem o jogo para a steam, vamos arrancar novamente o tree of savior pra ver se a IMC se mexe.

Vão na pagina da loja do jogo, desçam até la em baixo e cliquem na bandeirinha na direita, ai é só colocar que o jogo está não funcional e postar algum dos milhares de links que temos de report.

@STAFF_Letitia
@STAFF_Yuri
@STAFF_Amy
@STAFF_Ines
@STAFF_Ethan

I’m sorry for the delay!

As we mentioned through previous announcements, we are looking into the situation and have passed on to our team the ping test results and other information gathered through tickets and forum posts.

Right now (after reading all the reports in various threads) I just need to confirm:

1. When exactly did this freezing begin? Was it with the maintenance on 05/29? Or before?
  2. After the 06/05 maintenance, there was less lag but still a lot of freezing?
  3. However, towards the end of the week both the lag and the freezing got worse?
  4. There is no freezing in the instanced dungeons?

Any and all information will help us to find the cause.

Lag is on Klaip too. 1.5k ping in town, 500+ ping in Nazarene HG.

1 Like

I guess it’s every server then: fedimian has the same high ping problem.

1. When exactly did this freezing begin? Was it with the maintenance on 05/29? Or before?

Waaaaaaaaay before. It started after the Wizard+Swordsman rework (https://treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=1305). At that time, the freezing was different; only potions didn’t work when the server was partially not responding (then many potions were consumed all at once when the server came back to life). A few weeks later, the issue evolved to what people call freezing; the server stops responding and all monsters and NPCs gets frozen (we can’t interact with them whatsoever), we can’t see other players moving and we can’t use our skills. The party, global and guild chat still works when it happens.

2. After the 06/05 maintenance, there was less lag but still a lot of freezing?

After the last maintenance, some maps/channel are free from the bad latency and freezing issues, but it got a lot worse in the maps where it still happens. The issue is really severe inside city maps (server stops responding at least 2 or 3 times per minute). It seems like the freezing gets more frequent when GTW is announced and until it finishes.

3. However, towards the end of the week both the lag and the freezing got worse?

Yes, and yesterday was the worst day since the last update.

4. There is no freezing in the instanced dungeons?

No. Instanced dungeons (Velcoffer, Saalus Convent missions, etc.) are free from the lag and freezing. Nazarene Tower seems to have improved a bit and Sausys Room is still bad in most channels. We also had many channels being crashed today on Silute and some maps had no channels for more than 10 minutes (e.g. Gateway of the Great King).

There was a weird occurrence earlier today I like to report.
I was playing in Sausys Room 9 channel 4 without any lag or freezing and called my guildmates to do Challenge Mode there. One of them was a Pyromancer wearing an Agny Necklace. When he started using skills, the lag became insane. Lots of delay after casting and animation locks. Then, he unequipped the necklace and the lag simply stopped. We think it’s something related to the recent changes to improve the game’s stability and how the server is dealing with calculating damage from AoE attacks. We also noticed we’re able to hit more enemies than we should based on our AoE Attack Ratio.

I have only 3 AoE attack ratio with this character and I can hit more than 3 small enemies at once with Lightning Hands. Did you change how it works?

2 Likes

@STAFF_Letitia

Well, I don’t know how to quote, but I thought there were no freezes in Velcoffer but today I not only experienced a couple of freezes during this RAID, but we were just about to kill the boss and a FREEZE occured followed by a massive CRASH of the instance, hence, we couldn’t go back, we had to start all over again. (Also, there was a time that i thought we had broken the rock w the crystals but it was just a freeze, just like when doing rainbow treck and it freezes you can skip barriers, so I just went through it to notice my party mates saying it was just a freeze and I had to use a warpstone to go back and help them do that stage of the RAID)
Similar behaviour when a freeze happens in CM and then it crashes.

Of course, its much less frequent than in the rest of the contents, but it is still there. I only experienced it this weekend though, not before.