Tree of Savior Forum

Compiliation and questions: Warlock skills - usefulness / how they work

Hi there,

as I got Warlock this weekend, I’d like to get some insight/comments and for convenience it would be helpful to have an overview-thread :slight_smile:

• PoA: Imo either max this skill or dont use it and well… the 2 min CD together with the barely existing aoe-range kills this skill.

• Invocation: In principle it looks good, but I’m not sure how it works. If you cast this skill a monster which gets killed (by yourself?) summons a “spirit”. But it seems to me that kills from party-members dont count?

• DT: looks good; Any1 knows how often each spirit can hit bedore expiring?

• Mastema: I put 1 point into it, but it doesnt seem usefull atm? (cf. also: Warlock C2 Build for Elememe! )
    The C2-debuff-attribute looks good though.

• Evil Sacrifice: Well, you can “shoot” your evil spirits… Wondering if its worth a point?

• (C2) Drain: as far as I have read, its useless (or possibly bugged)?

• (C2) Sabbath: not sure how the bonus-damage is counted, could be useful, but you have to run around with your spirits and get close to monsters.

Warlock info is pretty scattered honestly.
Just for you though.

PoA: Decent skill for bossing and mobbing if you are/have a linker. The attributes are quite good for this skill and it lasts longer than FC while dealing a bit more dmg. Recommend putting at least 1pt in it, up to 4 pts (if you can afford a reset once warlock 2 comes out). Small AoE and long CD makes this skill less than optimal.

DT: The bread and butter of warlocks. Spirit hits are dependent on skill lv. As far as we know, it goes as: 2,2,3,3,4,4,5 and so on - which means each spirits with hit 6 times at lv 10, bringing the total hit count to 30. Not great comparing to other R8 skills honestly but it is what it is. I would max this skill asap, as it offers not only consistent single target dps but also protection from projectile attacks. Also a very good skill in pvp for obvious reasons, however projectiles dont really target your spirits there.

Invocation: Spirits are left behind after you kill the enemy. This skill at lv 5 lasts 45sec. Since it has a 60sec cd, it will be especially useful after lv 8 or so. The spirits, unfortunately, has no damage boost to its name. Although the number of hits are the same as DT based on the skill level, its damage only reflects your matk (although that may change in the future?). It has an attribute that supposedly gives you +30% dark damage. But that only applies to your dark attribute attack, which makes it worthless. At C2, you get an attribute that boosts spirit duration by 8sec, which is quite nice. They last a default of about 20sec. Due to their relatively long duration on the field, this turns out to be a really good farming skill. In many situations on lower maps you will find opportunities to use this skill to clear massive waves of enemies. This part of the skill also makes it an excellent tool in the recently implemented uphill defense.

Mastema: A 1-hit skill which currently does very little damage. The status effect it inflets only lasts 5 seconds, which really doesnt give you the chance to do anything. The cast speed of this skill is about the same as DT, which means about 30-50% longer than frost cloud. At warlock C2, this skill gains an attribute that boosts its damage, abeit not enough to rival other c8 skills. In fact, a lv10 mastema is only about 1/2 the strength of a lv 5 frost cloud. Once you reach warlock 2, you may decide between this skill and drain (depending on whether they fix the bug).

Evil Sacrifice: This is a rather tricky one. It lets you shoot any spirits within your proximity (pretty much any spirits you can see on your screen fully zoomed out without mod). However, the skill is really bugged and often times you dont get enough hits in. This skill is actually more used to rig other warlocks dark theuge spirits than anything, since it affects ALL spirits on screen. The spirits shot out deals damage depending on their origination. Since its only a one point investment, its good to have against enemies you dont wanna get close to, and sometimes in pvp.

Drain: bugged, supposedly lowers DT cd while boosting standard attacks to matk+1 spirit.

Sabbarth: Crap skill at its current state. There is still too little information honestly. Even in all the warlock videos out there they dont really seem to use this skill.

thank you very much :slight_smile:

that DT gives “protection from projectile attacks” (in pve) is a curious thing but great as well :wink: