Tree of Savior Forum

Communication made me so happy :3

The recent dev communication has made me buy both new DLC’s when I was first gonna buy 0. This means so far I have bought everything availvable for buying. Guess this makes me a tosslut…

1 Like

"Recent dev communication"
Can you be a bit more specific?
Links would be an idea, for example.

These two recent announcements:

Steam TOS Service Improvement Plan

TP Shop Token Prices Reduced

And this topic where Hakkyu Kim himself wrote a huge post explaining lots of stuff.

3 Likes

Appart from the TP prices reduction (wich was a joke to begin with, and still is IMO ) all i see in these annoncements are promises, just like any politician would in order to keep people in check.

I’ll believe all this stuff the day it’s implemented, not a single second prior to that moment.

Thanks for the directions mate.

1 Like

It’s ok to be skeptical but some people like OP and myself feel that these announcements and answers shows that they’re listening to us and doing their best to improve what’s not working properly and that’s enough for now.

Of course we must hold them to their promises and that’s what we’re going to do from now on.

It’s fine, people believe all kind of stuff all the time, i’m ok with the fact that these anouncements gives you hope and am even happy for you.

But from my perspective, IMC isn’t "listening to the guenuine concerns of their player base", but more like desesperatly responding to the imperative that reviews of the game are bad and servers population keep on decreasing because of the studio’s incompetence and overall legitimate players outrage.

Looks like the only thing that motivates IMC here is the already effective and potential lack of income in the near future.

1 Like

iEden, thank you for those links, im not such a foorumer that I would have linked them myself for lazyass that I am :smiley:

1 Like

“WE DEMAND COMMUNICATION FROM THE DEVS!!”
“THIS COMMUNICATION FROM THE DEVS ISN’T WHAT WE WANTED!!”

seriously, if NOTHING is going to make you happy, then just shut up and let them work.

this has nothing to do with the company (or at least, very little). f2p games just bleed out players all the time. people join, play for a couple of days, get bored/distracted/whatever, and just vanish. in the launch month, 80% of people who join are no longer playing 1 month after joining. i think it was around 3% of players that stick around for a year.

it takes around 2 years for a f2p game to develop a stable population.

honestly, everyone who keeps calling this a “quick cash grab” is simply deluding themselves. developing an MMO is a terrible way to do a “cash grab”. you’d be 100x more effective if you buy a license for Unreal Engine or some kind of MOBA, and make a quick and cheap game to throw into the most popular markets, instead of MMO’s which are expensive, slow, and still a relatively niche market in the grand scheme of things.

I don’t care the slightest bit about communication, i want results, all your strawmen fallacies won’t work with me. This game is FULL of bugs, unbalanced classes and blatantly stupid game designs that arn’t adressed, some of them even since KCB1… Just check the last two patch notes and tell me more about all this “hard work” you’re refering to.

Concerning IMC, lots of people don’t consider even trying the game because of the (very deserved) bad steam reviews. Many other players that stayed around for the first month (dedicated players who bought founders pack mind you) keep on deserting because of all the issues. If a F2P game isn’t even able to grow population (Nor even keep all their most loyal followers) at launch, i’ll need you to exhaustively explain to me when it will…

Could you please just face the fact that IMC has disapointed almost everyone that believed and waited for ToS for years ? Are we checking through the same forum ?

well, LIKE I SAID, typically around the 2 year mark is when population stabilizes.
tons of people try f2p’s because, well, they’re free. and then for all kinds of reasons they don’t keep playing.

i have had several games i’ve tried where there was nothing in particular wrong with it, but i never opened the game a second time because it just didn’t grab my interest.

there will -always- be more people trying games than there are sticking with them.

as far as “bugs, unbalanced classes, and blatantly stupid game designs”,
…“bugs” usually means “anything that doesn’t work the way i want it to”, whether it was intended to work that way or not.
…“unbalanced classes” usually means “nerf everything but what i want to play”
…“stupid game design” usually means “make it more convenient for me.”

sure, there are -real- bugs and other issues, but when they fix -those- nobody cares. “didn’t fix everything all at once in a single patch? well, you must not be doing anything at all.”

As i said, your strawmen fallacies won’t work with me, so please keep them to yourself.

If you think all the issues this game has are just some kind of “perception” from whimsical kids who just whine to anything that isn’t exactly as they desire, i guess it’s no use to try to discuss with you anymore. I don’t and won’t care about delusionnal and blindfolded white knights, sorry.

I’ll still clarify to you that i DO WISH this game to be as successfull as it has the potential to be, i’m just being more and more unconvinced that IMC may be able nor even willing to deploy the requiered efforts in order to develop said potential.

Also i bought all the founders packs with real dollars ( not shitty third-world country currency that arn’t worth anything ) but i’ll never give a penny to these motherjoking 99TP tokens nor the hilariously scammy DLCs, beginner or veteran…

Good night to you.

Edit : Also, what you seem to forgot is that ToS isn’t just a game people “try” like any F2P game, it’s got all the RO nostalgics who hyped the game since the very first screenshots ( and even before ). This game had hundred thousands of people willing to give the game a try and money just because of RO’s legacy and heritage. Almost all F2P games would DREAM to have such a dedicated playerbase ever prior to launch. So even if your arguments had solid grounds, wich they haven’t, you’d still need to explain how such a massively hyped game managed to disapoint so many people, so hard, in a way that [quote=“tzxazrael, post:9, topic:280011”]
has nothing to do with the company (or at least, very little)
[/quote]

lmao, and you complain about “strawman” arguments.

“usually” doesn’t mean always, but hey, don’t pay attention to that, or you’d have to look at the forums and see that i’m right, and most of the issues are either server stability, or people crying because the game doesn’t cater to their personal tastes and desires enough.

so what? people who never played RO are still going to “try” this game without any expectations.
people who -played- RO aren’t guaranteed to like this game. the guy who convinced -me- to try it was all over it because of the RO nostalgia. he played like twice, and quit, because it was “nothing like RO and completely failed to capture the nostalgia.”

here’s how all those RO fans were betrayed: THEY built up the fallacy that this was going to be RO all over again because omg Hakkyu Kim made that and now he’s making this, so omg it’s the “real true sequel” to RO!

and if the game had “hundreds of thousands of people willing to give the game a try and money” then why is the -peak- of the game around 35~40,000 people? you’re making up “evidence” to try and pretend your side is correct.