Tree of Savior Forum

Closer server for int. SEA/Oceanic players (US West Coast or SG)

Given the servers are all just AWS hosted, it would be a lot better for the SEA/Oceanic international players if there was a server hosted in the US West Coast or Singapore.

The Indonesian server is not a realistic option for English speaking players.

While an SG server would be more ideal I understand that would require another set of support staff in an entirely different timezone compared to a US West Coast server.

The US West Coast server would also benefit other US players such as those in Texas/Alaska and obviously the gamers living directly on the west coast.

Now that TOS is on steam and is on the global Top Sellers list hopefully this shows the interest in the game: http://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=globaltopsellers

19 Likes

In just a day… woah

i dont mind if sg host …

+1
West coast server is good enough for us. Eastcoast is just unbearable…

yes pls
west coast is best coast :smiley: for aus

west coast for me is 180 ping
east coast can go up to 300-500

West coast or SG server pls !
@STAFF_John @STAFF_Ethan

1 Like

agree :smile_cat::smile_cat:

Yep, that’d be great. West coast server shouldn’t be that difficult for IMC to arrange (and support) and a lot of players from US itself and from other countries would benefit from that.

I’m from Singapore myself, but I’m thinking even if we’ll get SG server it wouldn’t be quite as populated as US West Coast server can be, so perhaps it’s a great option for everyone.

Pray for West Coast.

NZ here :sweat:

Looks like thread got moved hmm, views probably going to drop a lot.

SG server would be really really ideal. That’s like the central of SEA servers. I get like 50ms ping only on DN SEA cause of their SG server.

@Staff_Julie @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_John;

Hosting an SEA/Oceanic server would be great! There are a lot of us that will suffer from a 300+ ms connection to the East Coast, and unfortunately the Indonesian server is not a realistic option for English speakers, like OP has pointed out.

If there is a server located in the US West Coast, I can tell you that my connection (from Australia) would improve to ~180ms, while a server located in Singapore would obviously allow for an even better connection than one on the West Coast.

Please do this IMC :heart_eyes_cat:

@Staff_Julie @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_John
We really need a West Coast/SEA server, guild war/pvp are almost impossible with ~300ms

We need a server in SG! US East Coast is unbearable with 400ms+

@nhungoc0038, @thegreenamnesia, @cloneart123

Thanks for the feedback guys, but as our last announcement mentioned, we are taking an in-depth look at the possibility of regional servers. We know that there is a global audience and that players would prefer lower ping servers.
However, there are numerous complications, so it’s taking a while to make a finalized decision. We’ll make an announcement as soon as anything is decided, so keep an eye out on our official channels.

Signed,
Staff_Ethan

3 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I can understand that there are many complications in setting up servers all over the world which is why I proposed the possibility of a US West Coast server that might be a more viable option but will significantly improve the quality of the game for those of us who do not live near US East Coast.

Either way I look forward to hearing what IMC has planned in the next week. :slight_smile:

thank you imc more sever more money for you both win win :kissing_heart:

please we need this!

Or rather not, maybe a free server change for the char when the corresponding servers (looking at SEA-SG server) are up? This manner it wont discourage the founders to spend the bucks on early access to progress their character which gets stuck in the West Coast server with unpleasant ping. My 5cents view.