Tree of Savior Forum

Clerics Fade skill

Ever since the skill was introduced, I’m wondering why the skill is so clunky to utilize efficiently.

When using Fade, you’re enforced to be in combat mode for 10 seconds as you used a skill,
although the skill is effectively contradicting this effect since you will lose the Fade buff when attacking during the buff duration.

So I’m asking myself:
why keep the combat mode active when the skill does not support actual aggressive combat participation?

Of course you can fix the combat mode by just sitting down and standing up again, but it still is strange.

That’s why I suggest to end combat mode with the application of the Fade buff to the character.

I’d also like to suggest introducing an attribute for Fade [e.g. Fade: Spiritual Peace]
that turns Fade into a self-buff in exchange for removing all accumulated threat from the Cleric player (i.e. you can actively use it to shift the aggro of a monster towards another player) when using Fade.

Personally, I just use Fade to position myself then land some skills. If a Cleric is doing more aggro than your party’s tank, then your tank’s doing something wrong.

In my opinion, it is not really meant for combat, specially for a full support cleric.

You can stay out of the monters radar while buffing and healing your party. (Yeah as long as no damage done you remain faded)

If your a combat type cleric, the only time it is useful is when you want to get out of trouble in an instant. Its like an eject button in an aircraft.

Fade is also good for Sadhus. You remain faded as you autoattack with Out of body.

Why would you ever get a tank? There is no real threat even in endgame Velcoffer & Boruta after Re:build hits.

The problem I have is that you won’t lose your accumulated aggro with Fade, so you just won’t be targeted as long as you have Fade up or until another player accumulates more aggro that you have.
If you attack again and become visible, the enemy will directly shift its attention to you again.

A lot of Clerics are vulnerable against knockdown (e.g. Inquisitor,Exorcist), so unless you include a Class with knockdown protection into your build, targeted knockdown skills can be a bane to you.

A tactical Fade could help by erasing your aggro, thus making the enemy focus on someone else.
That way Fade can be a useful skill in actual combat instead of just for questing or running around maps unseen.

Silly me, of course everyone has equipment good enough for endgame. /s

The problem I have is that you won’t lose your accumulated aggro with Fade, so you just won’t be targeted as long as you have Fade up or until another player accumulates more aggro that you have.

Good. That makes things harder for the party. Clerics maintaining their aggro, despite an annoying thing for players, is a good thing as it stops you from simply erasing your aggro and then spamming your heal to your teammates.

If you’re doing more aggro compared to your party’s DPS and Tank, then you need to slow down until they accumulate more aggro.

Surely, your DPS and Tank can get enough aggro during the Fade’s 12 sec duration (assuming it’s level 1).