Tree of Savior Forum

Claymore is underpowered

Claymore seems weak to me.
I’ve been leveling in party with Peltasta, which helped me get monsters where I wanted them.
In comparison to Punji and Barricade traps, Claymore felt just weak. I had +10% damage from passive, and maxed out the range passive. In terms of damage, they are about the same, however Cade can be used to hit monsters multiple times, and Punji has bigger AoE (though it can benefit from it only with help of Peltasta). Not to mention both traps being much much cheaper in comparison, especially Punji after last price reduction. And you have to walk to Sapper master to buy Claymores. Also, I might be wrong on that, but I felt like it can only hit set amount of monsters.

In my opinion Claymore should get a damage increase, maybe something around 25%.

Every skill has a limit of monsters they can hit. It may have something to do with “Spalsh” stat, but it’s too weird now for me to understand.

Also, is there any CC Claymore gives to enemies? Some skills are weaker because of how many enemies they can hit at the same time or if they have some kind of control on them.

Nope, it’s raw damage.
However I played around and got more satisfying results today, maybe I was farming monsters resistant to fire.
Though the game could use a notification that monster is immune, similar to weakness.

Right now I’m playing ranger circle 2 and we really need some adjustments on skills. Rigjt now bomb arrow puts an arrow on a monster and tjen explodes. By almost everything (including class description) you would think that the explosion should do AoE dmg but instead it just hit the monster you put the bomb. On the other end almost every swordie class have 1v1 skills but cause the game allow you to stack monster they do superb dmg to almost everything.

The game has an indicator for physical (shown and +50% slash/stab/blow damge), but there should be a way to know about elemental damage :frowning:

1 Like

I think something like a different colored text according to the elemental resistance being positive/negative would be cool?

Like Light blue text for the target being weaker to that damage, dark red text for being more resistant to that damage type. Though honestly something in a system chat tab detailing the combat would be best in the end I’m sure.

Also thanks to OP for more information on Sapper class!