Tree of Savior Forum

Classes after Cryo3 (not psycho or sorc!)

Hi guys!

I recently started playing a cryomancer again, and man they feel so much better to play after ICBT2!

I will definitely be going all the way to cryo3, so right now my build path is Wizard->cryo->cryo->cryo, but I don’t know what I will continue with!

I’m excluding both psycho and sorc, because I already have a psychokino and I want to try something completely different and sorcerer just doesn’t seem fun for me.

While I love the idea of ele3, it just doesn’t seem plausible without quick cast so I’m afraid I’ll have to give up on cryo3->ele3 :frowning:

Would it be good to combine cryo3 with necro2? That class really interests me, but since I don’t know that much about it aside from skill descriptions I’m not sure how both those classes work together in actual combat. Would I be playing more of a support role? Or a hybrid? Is it even viable for solo play?

And then for my final question: if I go cryo 3 into necro 2, I need to fit in one class inbetween them. The options would probably be linker, thaum or chrono. Since chrono1 seems weak, I’m considering either linker or thaum. Which one would be better?

Most people go Chrono3 after Cryo3, but if you want to do Necro, I suggest going for Linker > Necro > Maybe Warlock. Necro skills really need linker. You’d be a hybrid but leaning towards the support side. Necro does a lot of decay debuffs, which boosts missile damage by 100%

I agree with him , I’m a cryo3 - linker1 , and finish with necro - necro …

If you use joint penalty and then hangsman’s knot linker and then Ice Spike, enough damage, apart that you can freeze ( I have it in lv 10 and 30 passive , that it is safer to do reset, to upload 15 ) and you can play solo if you know how to combine all your skills.

Sounds good! I will go with linker then.

I actually really like chrono3 but I don’t want to be 100% reliant on partying :c

Thanks guys!

I have a friend going Wiz > Cryo 2 > Ele 3 > Cryo 3 and he is at level 198 liking it a lot actually.

Remember parties don’t want you for quickcast, they want you because Ele 3 deals a lot of damage with high AoE spells, quickcast is something you use to be more efficient.

Parties do want Frost Pillars though, and even Elementalist himself have good combos with cryo skills, also subzero shield best defensive wizard skill.

1 Like

:open_mouth: That’s great! In that case I might actually go ele3…

I’ve maxed out subzero shield at level 5 (still cryo2), but it doesn’t seem to make much of a difference yet. What exactly makes subzero shield so strong? Does it scale well into the lategame or something?

Thank you so much for your advice! :slight_smile: