Tree of Savior Forum

Class that links damage to other players

I have no idea what class this is but… can you have it adjusted that the damage be only taken by team members in a party?

I’ve been running around in a map where these bozos link their “purplish pink” line then we receive the damage he takes as well even if we’re not in his party! This is pretty much abuse.

It’s already an annoyance and downright rude that they just link to other players without their consent and then run into an aggro mob so they can take minimum damage.

Hm… I haven’t encountered any Linkers that are that douchey so I can’t specifically experiment on it but if it does say that it’s a “Buff”, then right clicking on the icon on the top right forcibly cancels it.

Oh and also one thing to note, some monsters can cast that skill. So it might not be a player that’s casting it but a mob. I can’t recall which mob does it but i’m pretty sure i’ve seen one…

Linkers can only link party members. The party members link is yellow.

Some monsters can damage link you and other players, there’s some in some of the Gorge maps.

Actually linkers can link players that are in their “PARTY.” They are not allowed to link players that are just randomly in the world this skill is called Physical Link . Keep in mind some mobs have the same skill as we do. Actually some of the mobs near Kvailas Forest and around that area are able to use Joint Penalty.

Why do people keep thinking Physical Link = Joint Penalty? There’s a HUGE difference between the two skills ._.’

It’s possible that what you said is true. It never crossed my mind that monsters can use that skill to hurt players when you hurt them in return.

There are some mobs that can use Joint penalty and Physical Link can only be used on party members so I doubt a linker class is actually doing that sort of thing to annoy you/other people :v:

Thanks for the info. I’ll take a closer look at the mob doing it.

Well to be fair only their color is different… If you’re not familiar with the Linker class, it’s pretty easy to confuse the two.

What I saw was a reddish or pinkish line when I was linked.

Yeah that is Joint Penalty. It comes from a mob. Physical Link is the one Linkers can use on party members. It should be green colored for it to be from a player.

Thanks for the information. My accusations have been cleared lol