Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Druid Class Thread

Transform is useless but god forbid I have a little fun as a bunny. RIP my favorite Medium Ponto form though cuz they removed Oracle’s Change. Still hate the Lycanthrope changes: NO FUN ALLOWED.

New Heal mechanics suck too, just wanna throw that out there. I played Cleric 3 before patch and my giant party wide full heal wall was amazing and I could heal non party members when I wanted to. I was full SPR too so I had tons of SP. Now all I can do in CMs is stand in a corner casting Grass and Oracle buffs and Death Sentensing everything because DS alone requires my whole SP bar- pot spam included. And of course the stupid fcking Heal wack-a-mole watching health bars deplete and then figuring out where they are on the stupid fcking wheel. Not happy, not fun, fck you. Changes are sht.

I know I’m being excessive as usual but this game has done a lot of 50 IQ things for the longest time and deserves it. They don’t even have a test server otherwise 5 seconds of testing skills like Shinobi clones and Carnivory would of rendered them unfit for live. If you want us to QA test your garbage then start paying us.

1 Like

My psa with the heal wheel/any kind of wheel really: It goes counter-clockwise from the top of the party list down and the range on it is massive. If someone leaves the zone you’re in, they get taken out of the wheel and shift to the left but once they return, they go back to their original spot. Someone basically has to be out of your zone entirely in order for you to not heal them. It just takes a little getting used to.

The way you use the new heal is as follows (my heal is on W): w > directional key OR directional key (hold) > w > release directional key OR w > w for self heal

I feel like I heal for about 30k with each heal and most people only have 50k-80k hp, so generally I only need to heal each person once, esp with the linger attribute. Chortasmata heals for 4k a tick nowadays and that’s more than enough for most parties except for world bossing imo. You can heal even more if you make sure to keep guardian saint up at all times.

I personally like the new heal system because it feels more like a traditional method of healing and makes it so that you can make sure someone gets the heal tiles when they need them, you just need some time to get used to it. It feels more like I’m actively healing vs having people pick them up or having them be exploded for dmg. Sucks you can’t heal randos though.

I also think oracle is one of the best buff/debuff cleric classes right now with divine might, death sentence with the reset attribute and enchanced attribute (you can get something like a 90% extra dmg), prophecy’s 30% more dmg attribute, counterspell’s magic reduction as well as removal of magic circles is just so your party takes less dmg, and one of the few i-frames in the game with foretell (I personally only level it up to lv 1 cuz most pve content does not require more than the 6s) . As far as your SP problems go, you also have arcane energy with a circle of oracle and if you use that properly, you shouldn’t have to eat as many SP pots as non-oracle clerics.

My biggest gripe with druid right now is probably the fact that that chortasmata turns enemies into plant-types which have a 2.5 crit resistance multiplier while also giving us a SOLO crit attack buff in sterea trofh which means whenever we use chortasmata, we kind of screw over our crit-dependent teammates? Do they want us to crit or not? I know in kTest or kTos, they’ve introduced the attribute to turn the plant-changing mechanic off, but then do we not use carnivory at all? And of course the transformation and lycan are both… underwhelming still.

I have mixed feelings about druid atm and it sucks because I really love playing druid. :sob:

1 Like

I don’t think transform is entirely useless. I’ve been using it in a Zealot/Oracle/Druid SP draining build since I can’t keep full lycan up for too long after Arcane energy pops, meaning I need something else to transform into for my down time.

One of the better transforms right now I’d say is the scroll-weilding bunny from the final map of Sausys. Not the one that makes you go fast, the one that has a spammable aoe attack that hits many times and deals hybrid damage.

Thanks for that. I’m typically focused on DPS (PD > Monk > Druid) and just use Heal on myself but when I’m the only Cleric in the party it’s my default responsibility to keep an eye on everybody’s HP. I hadn’t realized that the wheel was organized counter-clockwise from the top so I’ve been wasting time trying to match people’s class icons. It’s tough to do since everybody doesn’t know the display defaults to your base class unless you change it. Having a party with more than one of each made healing a nightmare for me. Knowing that Heal has a nearly zone wide range helps a lot too. Now I won’t feel bad for staying behind to clean up stray mobs or whatever.

Lycanthropy is such an easy fix. Just revert the SP drain back to pre-Re:Build levels. I understand why they don’t want us in wolf form all the time but this is too much. The dependence on Hengestone just isn’t viable outside of boss fights that don’t require much movement (And even then you’re susceptible to getting interrupted and losing Henge or Lycan all together). Sure, you can keep the form up for its full duration if you use alternating cooldown pots but by the time it expires you’re likely to have about 1/3rd of your blue bar left. If whatever you were fighting isn’t dead or dying, it can be tough to get through another full skill rotation.

help with skills of drui/exo build pls

@Wurmheart will you be updating the info on this post?

@abavinha Main druid skills you will need will be Lycanthropy (max), Chortasmata (max), and at least one point in Thorn. The rest is up to you to experiment as I don’t know how you would like your build.
Here is a url link to a skill planner that already has some of the skills I mentioned leveled. https://tos.guru/itos/simulator?tinyurl=y8fjl8h9

I’m working on a broader in-depth cleric skill analysis I plan to post in the advice section later on, which would at least tackle how each specific druid skill works.
But build wise I don’t plan to go into that much detail again tbh, I’d rather link to the existing cleric guide instead.

So I’m not exactly sure what to do with the OP atm, aside of preserving it for the time being so I can use it later for said Druid guide section. Afterward, I’ll likely turn it into links instead.
Would also be willing to close it if someone else wants to make a better and more in-depth druid guide though.

Druid will likely be the last thing I focus on though, several monster skills were altered at least so I’d want to test everything again to feel complete about said section.

Also, bit of a hint. AoE monster spells got vastly longer durations, talo wizard for example can now hit x52 times with one cast…
Its pretty insane, but there might be stronger skills around now. Or not :woozy_face:
Also not even sure it’s intended, because it tends to vanish from my skill bar if there was nothing underneath it. (like a skill or potion in said hotbar)

This is a bug for lycan as well. I had to use my non-usable old spellrods that I still had. That way the u cant use item message wont pop up, and it wont get used when spamming the button.

If you need info on druid (not transform), diev, paladin, and plague doctor let me know.

• any attempt to figure out the exact base skill factor/weapon matk inheritance for corpse flowers (or both if it has both, but it probably doesn’t), stat inheritance scaling from enemies, and whether or not its stated bonus dmg scales with additively or multiplicatively with the spr bonus.
    Bonus point if someone can test if the min-max summon dmg legendary card works for flowers as well.
    Probably gonna need to try datamining for that info tbh… Far to many variables.

• How exactly crit damage buffs are calculated is good too, as that determines how good sterea trofh really is. I’m kind of leaning towards it just being crit atk x2 x percentage tbh…

• Gonna need to try and build up a debuff rank list as well, and info on which debuffs can be spread by pandemic & incineration’s attribute are also nice.

The rest is just transformation testing…

What druid builds is everyone doing nowadays? I feel like everyone and their mothers is trying to build some form of crit and they get so upset when I use grass to turn it into a plant. :frowning:

I just wanna play a support druid… :cry:

1 Like

I’m at Druid/PD/Kabba atm, tons of hits, tons of dmg and pretty good healing.

And I’m considering switching my diev to diev/priest/druid for carnivory, it’s arguably one of the best dievirby builds atm. Though that doesn’t say much.

Looking forward to the no plant conversion attribute though, as that will improve my crit rate as well.
And I find it weird how judgement does not alter enemy stats but chorta grass somehow does.

its not worth to max carnivory? plant dmg is trash?
i dont have a good weapon, so idk if its trash or i dont do dmg…
Sterea troth isn good?
Hengestone isnt good on this build?
the only skill that i dont like is seed bomb, transform/shapeshifting

Could you link your druid/pd build? I’m interested in what kabba brings to it?

I don’t really know the state of kabba after rebuild

https://tos.guru/itos/simulator?tinyurl=ya925tdt

left 20 points open for druid, since I’m not sure what’s best yet between carnivory vs sterea trofh. You max one of them only imo, then put points into thorn/seed bomb as you like.

Kabbalist doesn’t offer that much either. But I get:

• +20% max matk for using a 1handed weapon.
  • +5 movespeed with full cloth set. (390 spr modafinil and +5 attribute should reach movespeed cap atm)
  • An extra aoe that hits flying in Nachash. It’s not that good, but it helps cancel out druids weakness.
  • Clone for even better farming.
  • Merkabah to ride on for fashion points.
  • Excellent healing via tree of sephiroth.
  • Gevurah Is not that good on a multihit build like this though.

Imo for druid/pd kabba should allow it to act as a pretty darn good healer without having to grab priest.
You get chorta, healing factor, ein sof and tree of sephiroth while still having respectable dmg.

If you wish to pvp then try to max R7 ofc, it’s really good there.

1 Like

The crit damage buffs from krivis and druid are actually effecting not the crit att stat we have, but the actual crit damage formula.

When testing in saalus mission () the first boss, my normal crits in wolf form are around 55k. However when my level 8 Sterea Trofh (56%) is on, that 55k crit becomes 74k-76k crits.

Seems to be the same debuffs as before. Nothing I have seen has changed here.

Another thing to add. Chortasmata’s plant change debuff is bugged and will turn that enemy into a plant forever. This means if you use chortasmata one time on an enemy that lasts a long time, say goodbye to critting that enemy. I have 805 crit rate in wolf form, and still can never crit a plant enemy of the same level…

I won’t say it’s trash, but its not all that strong. It’s a supplementary damage increase if you can kill enemies with Chortasmata. How effective that is to you versus the other skills in Druid is up to you, but it is not a must max.

Hengestone will only benefit you if you have Diev or want it for an increase in druid (skills) damage or no sp drain for wolf form.

1 Like

thnx u so much, i love seed bomb, but i dont know how to properly use it, since we dont have bokor anymore :frowning:

@Wurmheart Thanks for the build rec, I’m running druid/PD/priest right now so I can also take her to velcoffer. It’s super fun and I also vaguely decided… my team’s crit can just… well :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Another question, do you guys know if velnia monkey cards work with the poison from druid?

velnia procs off black death stream, chortasmata and select transform options for us clerics, so yes.

@Sachee Sorry, I got this wrong. Chorta does work.

Don’t really need poison proc cards then unless you want to use normal lycanthropy.

oh so velnia increase all dmg now, not just phys dmg like before?

yep, it got fixed to work with magic again.

Didn’t confirm prison cutter as I don’t have one, but it may also work for magic dmg now.