Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Druid Class Thread

Yeah, really unfortunate. I’m getting saltier and saltier about these reworks, they just ignore the things that I care the most. The same happened to Alchemist in the wiz rework and here we are. But I shouldn’t worry, they’ll rework Transformation next time when the next Cleric rework arrives in 2034. :sad:

It didn’t have to be something complicated, because Transformation itself already looks very complicated to mess with, they could just add attributes to improve the skill factors of specific monster types or something like that, reduce the animation recovery delay while Transformed and what not. But no. Nothing.

I’m glad that Druid finally was improved, but as you said it could be much better.

To be honest. I’m glad they are finally moving away from shapeshift and transform. As much as I love being a frog or panto for their skills or some large plant for the passive, they ultimately just couldn’t work based on how they chose to implement them.

Ultimately it boils down to this. Transform forces fast and responsive players into slow and clunky forms (by design). These enemies were designed slow and clunky as not to overwhelm players.

Hopefully demi-wolf is something they can use to replace the old transform skills.

2 Likes

I mean, they could just speed up animations when you transform into them. Transforming into monsters is still a fun concept.

I understand your point, and I bet most of people are fine with the changes since they’re already planning to go C3 for Lycanthrophy. The new half-Lycan looks cute as hell. But to each their own, Transformation it’s a special feature of the class, and a very remarkable one, or at least had the potential to become one. I’m not asking the devs to revamp the entire database of monsters, they could just implement a buff to speed up the animations when the game identifies that the skill is being used by a Druid player instead.

They could also give people who don’t care about Lycan a reason to go C3 by implementing an attribute that allows you to record more than one Shapeshift and select which one you’d like to Transform similar to the Sorcerer’s Grimoire (this idea isn’t mine, I don’t wanna take credit for it, I just really liked it when I saw).

It’s one of the most fun concepts that could be very versatile going to waste what upsets me. Besides all that, I understand your point, but not everyone will settle for Lycan (nothing wrong about it, to each their own).

Sure, but they haven’t. That leads me to believe doing so would affect every single monster you can transform into and I’m guessing they don’t want that.

Again, if it’s just transforming for the sake of transforming then making other demi-forms is the way to go. Why? Because demi forms are basically skin/costume changes. The new demi form AA suggests they can at least change AA’s and that’s a good thing. Balancing just 1 AA is way easier than balancing the 5 werewolf skills (that have to be stronger than all possible skill combinations you can create yourself).

You could literally call it “Demiform” instead of shape shifting
Take a form allowing you to change your size and race. You can have 3 sec of invulnerability and a skill lock out until you chose a form.

• your entire hotkey would be replaced with 3 keys for size (S/M/L) and 3 keys for race (beast/plant/insect) and 1 key for “transform”
  • the 3sec invul is there to let you choose in peace. It’s long enough to let you press 3 keys for size, race, transform and short enough that it can’t be abused.
  • skill levels can still increase duration of the form
  • the new AA we got for the current demi-wolf could be a treatment for every race (not that many since there are only 3 we can change into)

transform could be “Recall form”
Transform using your last combination of size and race used in “Demiform”

• skill levels can still increase duration of the form

To delve deeper into what I said, the problem (I think) is because what ever form we transform into, it is quite literally the npc code being used. The form takes from the database of monster and place what ever restrictions they have onto us when we transform. Adding a variable to be able to control execution speed would mean adding it to the monster data. That would mean adding it to ALL the monsters in the database. The fact that it’s been over a year and they haven’t sped up transforms makes me believe this is the case. It is to the point that I think the reason they gave us lycan is because scratch isn’t so clunky.

1 Like

Not to distract from the Transform debate but I’m seeing two potential Druid3 builds for the post-rework era. Short of some major changes, it looks like Druid will be going down the path of, “You either take all three circles or you don’t pick it at all.” Here’s what I’ve managed to envision so far:

1. Cleric -> Kriv3 -> Diev -> Druid3 -> Tao/Kabba/Oracle.
  • Melstis and Laima are the primary benefits here since they extend the duration of Demi-Wolf (Albeit at the expense of having to spam the statue whenever it’s off CD). Daino comes in handy since it makes the new AA significantly more useful. Plus, you’ve got Divine Stigma to further boost your magic damage alongside Henge Stone. My issues with Diev aside, this is my preferred build as of now. I have a thing about casters being CD locked so having something to do while I wait for skills to come back up is a must for me.
  1. Cleric -> Priest3 -> Chap -> Druid3 -> Inqui
  • A variation on the current meta’s Chap/Inqui AA build. Demi-Wolf adds more damage but you’d be losing out on the boost in duration. Aspergillum makes your AA stronger and you could still benefit from the magic damage increase by making use of Exorcism alongside the new Druid skills. TBH, I’m not familiar with how this build works in the current game but it strikes me as being more of a DPS/Support hybrid once the new Druid goes live.

@Nekorin has been doing tests and daino does not affect demiwolf AA.

I’m hoping this is IMC just testing out the waters to see if the population approves.

I might be reading that incorrectly but it sounds like the Daino attribute isn’t adding the extra line of damage. The switching AA to utilize MATK as opposed to PATK is working (Again, based on what I’m reading from @Nekorin)

He points out that daino also doesn’t turn demiwolf AA’s into magic as they still crit.

Hmm…I hope that’s a bug and not a feature. It makes sense for Scratch since it’s a skill rather than an AA but I can’t see a reason for preventing the new Demi AA from interacting with Daino. Then again, with IMC it’s hard to tell what they’ll spring on us until we have it in hand. Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Yep. Daino doesn’t affect Awoo mode. I do hope that it is a bug.

Here’s a video the changed auto attack. Using a Windia rod so we can easily see the damage change with Daino buff.

It feels like a normal bleed. 0.3% per tick every 3 secs with a 9-10 secs debuff timing, so 3 ticks max. Don’t count on it too much though. I’ve yet to try it on bosses though. There’s nothing much in cleric tree that interacts with bleed mechanics too.

I disagree with this notion, because druid2 combined with exorcist2 looks extremely good (mostly because exor2 is so good), and druid has a lot of powerful skills already at c2.
Of course outside of that one option, theres not much reason to go druid2, but thats mostly because the r8 c2 options arent really that fantastic for a magic damage dealer.

1 Like

but what about a monk c2 build ? its still giving the 150 speed of daino to double punch ? thats build look better with half-wolf https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#4133395559..1f22374f5165.2a3141655575.2f6f8595
pd: its aplied the bonus of Specialize in Medium and the critical from beast on half wolf?

CMIIW, but I don’t think it works on skills.

Daino: Additional Attack

• Increases attack speed by 10 per skill level while [Daino] is active
    Adds an additional attack to basic attacks while active

i dont know if its a way to see these number but im sure that its working with double punch now.

Oh my bad, I just realized I cropped the wrong description. Did you feel any difference with or without? Because IIRC someone asked that back then ever since the Daino changes but I forgot what the answer was ( aka I’ll go look for it ).

EDIT: No one knew the answer. rip.

I do but only with daino at lvl 15 however my druids its full int and i have no dex at all so I think thats this its more usefull with full dex. somewere here in this post are a video from a druid full dex spaming double punch with lycan form and it was OP, but a huge wasted of mana without the c2 monk atribute.

5 Likes

Confirmed for IToS: No rank reset with the balance patch

…Bro, what? :confused:

Low gear krivis3 diev1 druid3 inquis1 hybrid skill caster & AA build. Swap inquis1 for tao1 to be higher caster.