Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Druid Class Thread

This is the exact build I use. It’s got great damage, some utility in the form of Sterea Trofh and Safety Zone, and the ability to cover ground incredibly quickly with the proper transformation. The main benefits you get from Cleric2 are more Heal tiles and Divine Might. I’ve yet to miss either of them.

There are several monsters you want to look for as transformations on this build. @Kannushi is right on the first one. Lapinel is, by far, the easiest of them to get since they spawn in Valandis Room 3 with some regularity. The others are all special Pantos (Red, Blue, Spotted, and just plain Panto) that can only be spawned by an Oracle using the Change skill. They don’t appear anywhere else in the game. I made an Oracle just to get one and was lucky enough to spawn it twice in a period of about two and a half hours.

Also, consider shelling out for a Gray Jukopus gem to boost Transform’s level by 1. You might find it helpful since you won’t have DM.

@Timeshadow Can you share some videos of this build in action please? I would love to see it . One that I would enjoy a lot is see how does it work in solo CM . About the skills distribution, would you change a thing? Did you went full Spr?

I’m planning a druid3 for lycanthropy, currently rank5. I have cleric2-diev3 atm, full SPR. Is this really bad? It seems bad… I wanna restart but I already gave the 2 8x exp tome (14 days) to this character… I might decide to restart after hearing your opinions…
:sad:

It works. But its heavy dependant on your damage.

SPR will boost your Owl statues. and it will also let you keep Lycan up without any SP issue.

But Owls, Heal, Cure and the usual Druid skills would be your only damage source, Owls being the strongest of all because of your high SPR. Sadly owls have quite a bunch of downsides: Stuck on place, cooldown, only attack forward. Also owls (and any minion damage) is heavily impacted by the defense of the target because of how your SPR is factored on the damage output, thus making it quite weak on high Challenge Mode stages without a really strong weapon.

I used this build for a while

1 Like

Yea, actually you suggested that build to me a few months ago. It works for you since you are skilled and experienced, but for casual player like me, I think full INT/STR is less gear-dependent?

The thing is, diev doesn’t benefit much from full SPR, other than owl, which I find quite lack luster atm. Druid doesn’t benefit much from full SPR either, other than the sp drain from lycan. But if that’s the case, I’d rather take a circle of kabbalist and go full INT to fully utilize lycan’s damage (scales from patk and matk iirc?) and choose ranks that benefit from INT like krivis.

I guess I will just keep leveling and wait for a reset event then…

From my experience,my slightly invested full SPR diev owl (trans 8) translates to:

5.5k ++ magic/Physical atk
23k ++ per tick owls, each owl hit 3 times and you can plant up to 5 owls.
The SPR scaling on owl amplifies it’s damage on a % scaling.
100% wolf uptime

This build is very good for static content.

On the other hand INT is very lack luster. Yes it gives you damage but you cannot sustain in wolf form.
However the only way to see this build shine is to invest transcendence on it since you need a boosted weapon. Before you argue that every build will shine with transcendence, SPR scaling on owl outweighs
the damage it provides compared to going INT.

With the upcoming trans patch, i believe more players will be able to enjoy this build. Even a trans 5 is enough to see it start blooming

2 Likes

OK I’m convinced, I will keep going.

1 Like

Can we use Sadhu’s Out of Body and then Transform? Or vice versa?

My druid build is of a similar idea, tho instead of diev i got bokor 3 full SPR. gotta say with trans 3 one handed mace it already deals decent damage.

I was gonna go for that build! Because seems like zombies provide more damage than owl. Plus cleric2-bokor3-druid3 gives 1 free rank.

However, when I decided to make a kabbal3, I decided to go cleric2-bokor3-oracle-kabbal3, thus I deleted my bokor-druid and started a diev-druid instead XD

So, just a little question:
Would Druid C3 for well in a Full STR(maybe some SPR) build with paladin C3?

Sort of. You can use OoB while Transform is active but your spirit still follows its normal rules (Basic attacks only, etc). The only real reasons to use OoB on a Druid are for Astral Body Explosion and the self-heal attribute from Prakriti.

@Kannushi I’ll try to get some video of my build in action. For some reason, ToS’ built in recording feature doesn’t work for me.

1 Like

Druid3 performs decently in just about any build but there are two potential issues you should be aware of.

1. As a class, Druid is really built around magic damage. Carnivory is magic based and Lycanthropy scales equally with MATK. You can certainly build a physical Druid but you’ll be losing out on some solid damage.

2. You’d probably be better off dropping one circle of either Pally or Druid in favor of Inqui1. Paladin has synergy with Inquisitor and it’s not really worth sacrificing that (Plus the added damage from Breaking Wheel and Malleus Maleificarum) for Druid3. I’d consider a Pally3 -> Druid2 instead.

I wouldn’t go with Druid C2 because the main reason I’m picking Druid is the additional damage and critical rate, I would be gaining with Lycanthropy and Hegenstone (I don’t know how good Transform is with normal mobs for the increase in damage).
Surely the build would be lacking in AoE, and that could be resolved with a circle of Inquisitor, but I don’t want it.
About the Matk thing, I won’t be taking Carnivory and the 2H Blunt will be proving more than enough Matk to boost my lycanthropy damage.

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#4117bbb555.1a253a55.152535.1f2335429a6575.6e315a4a8595

Depends if you can utilize transform attributes, since you’ll either go with the Damage Crit Bonus which is Medium + Beast, or HP Crit for survivability: Large + Beast. IMO, Medium + Beast is the slightly weaker version of Lycan

To compare the two

Medium + Beast + Hengestone ( Let’s say you chose the Bunny Transform at Sausys/Valandis ) gives: +20% Damage + 200 Crit Bonus + 110 Damage to S/M/L sized Monsters + spammable Haste which gives you max movement speed.

Lycanthropy + Hengestone gives: +30% Damage + 100 Crit Bonus + Dash + 4 exclusive skills + SP Drain

And honestly, I feel like you should still go with Carnivory despite the lack of your MATK, since you’ll be wearing 2H anyway so your MATK will still increase along with your PATK. Level 14 Chortasmata is really an Overkill TBH. Since you’ll unlock the increase duration for Chortasmata at Circle 2. Most Druids will stick to a lesser point distrib, unless you’ll be using Iltiswort for bonus damage ( then again, flying mobs will be an obstacle ) .

Really good insights, I think I’ll drop some points in Carnivory.
And do you have any data on the damage of Lycanthropy skills?
Because if you just look at raw stats it would be more worthy to stick with transform than pick Lycanthropy.

By data you mean their skill factors? If so, it’s –

That’s just it. It might not look that much by since Lycan scales by PATK + MATK, it’s really good. Also, these attacks are counted as PATK so it’s possible to crit and be dodged/blocked.

with this change in Lycan maybe more Monk/Pala pick druid

Eh… I doubt it. This looks kind of a nerf to phys druids actually, no longer permanent werewolf means that the 30% dmg boost is gone, no acces to ww skills while in half shift and no human skills while full shift, so either you go 3 ranks for exclusive ww skills or 3 ranks for 0 p.dmg skills and a 50% upkeep transformation… We have ofc to see the full patch notes, but from what i’ve seen so far there is even less reason to go druid as a monk/pala, better go zealot2 instead

2 Likes

Does anyone have a link to the notes about Lycanthropy changes?