Tree of Savior Forum

Class Diversity and Stat Uniqueness

Considering what we have now, it seems that ToS is going down the path of another MMORPG in terms of class imbalance and such. Many threads already explain this matter pretty well, so I won’t talk about the current state of the imbalance-ness (especially for the non favourite classes, which is basically, other than “that” certain class you all already know)

What I want to know is, will it break the game mechanics if each class has the following limitation:

To put it simply, I’ll split it to five: Damage, Armor, Range, Waiting Time (casting, cooldown, whatever; the more the point, the longer it will), Area of Effect. Maximum point for each class is 12.

Swordsman:
Damage: ☆☆
Armor: ☆☆☆☆☆
Range: ☆
Waiting Time: ☆
Area of Effect: ☆☆☆

Cleric:
Damage: ☆
Armor: ☆☆
Range: ☆☆☆
Waiting Time: ☆☆
Area of Effect: ☆☆☆☆

Archer:
Damage: ☆☆☆
Armor: ☆
Range: ☆☆☆☆
Waiting Time: ☆☆
Area of Effect: ☆☆

Wizard:
Damage: ☆☆☆☆
Armor: ☆
Range: ☆☆
Waiting Time: ☆☆☆
Area of Effect: ☆☆

And if it’s still possible for IMC to implement this changes. Do you have better suggestion on how it should be?

Of course every class will have their own unique trait and skills, but it shouldn’t surpass above guidance so ever each and one of them will have something that… very “them”.

The idea is that you could build your character as you wish regardless of class. For example, think diablo 2.
You could go Melee mage with a sword full Str if you wanted to.