Tree of Savior Forum

Chronomancer seems really interesting but

Didn’t play in the beta at all so I have no experience playing the game. What I know is just from cursory glances at webpages. Looking at chronomancers and their powers seem really cool but they also seem week to me.

Like haste for example. I love the idea of increasing the movement speed for the entire party, but it only increases it by 7% and that is with 10 levels in it. Will people even notice a 7% increase in anything?

I like slow, but it only lasts 10 seconds with a 35 second cool down. Is 10 seconds long enough to matter?

Long story short, are their buffs/debuffs strong enough to warrant having them in the group?

A few changes;

Haste increases your movement speed by much more than the description on tosbase says.

Slow’s debuff lasts 10 seconds. Plus the circle itself lasts 20 seconds at level 12.

Check out this guide friend, it will explain it better than what I can summarize 4 u.

Short answer is yes, very much so. Haste is very strong. 15% movespeed. Not the 5-6-7 in the tooltip. Pass is possibly the strongest party support skill in the game. -25s cd to all party cds is ridiculous.

Also the attack speed is great for auto attackers, not to mention the crit rate increase it provides.

Chronomancer is the best party support wizard has to offer. Better than thauma, better than linker. The one glaring caveat is that chronomancer doesn’t offer much for YOURSELF. You won’t have any great cds to reduce with pass. Wizards don’t really care about attack speed or crit rate.

So Chonomancer is definitely the class you want to take and max if you are of the “party first” mentality.

i played a chronomancer to 160 during the beta… i went wiz > pyro > linker > linker > chrono

short answer is… no. they suck.

when you get to 150+ and it’s all about AoE grinding, there will be 40+ mobs on the screen and everyone’s fps drops… which makes your attack speed buff useless.

Haste gives 15 mov. speed at 5 and 18 at 10 if I’m not wrong, your base mov. speed is 30, so that IS a LOT.

Slow can give targets -30 mov speed, that leaves anyone without mov. speed buffs simply stuck.

Quicken is the best buff for ASPD, also has awesome crit att.

Stop is good to wait for cooldowns and you can cause ground AoE damage while stop is running even if the tosbase says you can’t.

Pass is indeed the best support skill in the game, a 3 chronomancer party can simply keep using pass and frost tree non-stop, as 2 passes already sets the 3rd pass cooldown to 0.

1 Like