Tree of Savior Forum

Chronomancer Decisions

Hi!

Currently I’m a Cryomancer C1 going to be a Chronomancer hopefully.

But I can’t decide between 2 builds.

1st Build:

Note: 5 points are saved in Linker to max Lifeline when we get Rank 8 to get Linker C3.

2nd Build:

Basically:

I like the Linker-Chrono combo (and it seems like most desirable judging from the shouts in-game?) since I have always like Linker a lot and it seems like a nice combo (can link mobs twice with Pass I believe?).

While, Cryo-Chrono combo is a rather common combo, lots of CC, but I don’t really know how desirable is Cryo (I know Frost Pillar is really nice to gather mobs), but seems like Cryo works better for end-game content (Earth Tower and high lvl duns) and since the entrances are limited (not sure if Earth Tower is limited too…).

And after you do all your entrances you just grind for most of the time… would Linker be better for the current state of the game, or in the long run with Rank 8 for Linker C3 so Lifeline might be really good for boss fights?

I personally like Linker more than Cryo but I can’t really decide so I’d like some opinions :smiley:

As for stats, both builds are full CON for survability.

Apparently, cryo is better for crowd control in late game. I’m a linker chrono myself and I like it, but I’d maximize cryo if I already had a circle in it.

If you want to be competitve, take the good old cryo3chrono3 route. Linker is nigh useless in boss fights and unless you have a good dedicated group, literally nobody wants to keep spiritual chain intact. I’ve heard of people getting kicked for using lifeline because people are just generally misinformed about linker somehow.

That being said, I’m very much a go-with-what-you-like person haha. You already have chrono3 which locks in your position in parties, and linker is fun. If you don’t mind being a little suboptimal, go for it.

linker chrono is more offensive
cryo chrono is more defensive

I play linker chrono and I enjoy it a lot!

And how is Cryo3 useful in boss fights?

Both are good builds though I personally like the Cryo3 one due to the number of available CCs and how long they last (compared to just having 1 circle of Cryo).

If you like playing Linker, then go for it. Since both are good builds, you’ll want to take the one that’s fun for you to use. After all, we play this game primarily to have fun. :slight_smile:

You start noticing the difference 190+. The level 190 dungeon is a great example of how cryo can blow linker out of the water. Frost pillar is just too good with no limit with how many mobs it pulls.

Cryo 3 at the moment will be better at bossing than linker 2. Cryo 3 can deal damage with ice wall, ice pike and snow rolling. Ice wall provides better utility.

I have no doubt linker 3 will be better at bossing.

EDIT: also linker is boring as hell. Lmao.

Thanks for the info guys! :smiley:

I think I’ll go the CryoChrono path, seems like a lot of fun :stuck_out_tongue:

Problem is I’m lvling solo tho, so I’ll need to make some friends for later on xD

1 Like

Cryo still cant multiply the teams damage. So you cant just say its worse cause it cant pull infinite monsters. Its just a bit different and which is better depends on the rest of the party.
Youre supporting the team. Remember that,

Yeah I have to agree with @Jonnu. I’ve both Linker2 and Cryo3 (neither are Chronos though). My Linker character’s an older/higher character and there were times when I wish I had a Cryo. But while leveling my Cryo3, lots of party runs were actually unbearable, but there were also great ones that were really great (good party composition). Linker is a lot more forgiving with the rest of the party.