Tree of Savior Forum

Chronomancer Backmasking

Is the skill broken?
it doesnt seem to work on anything, not reviving the monsters and all
i knew it was broken from CBT, i just thot it was fixed now :confused:

can i confirm this? or does backmasking work differently now?

I dont believe backmasking was ever meant to revive. Thatā€™s what the reincarnate spell is for.

in QA imc (too lazy to find) imc did say backmasking is turning back time so it ā€œrevivesā€ mobs and allies alike while retaining the item/silver you got before backmasking.

edit:also position, like party/mob/item returns to an earlier position

earlier videos from beta supports this.

asofthemoment Backmasking only revives your partyā€¦ thats a pretty expensive (10k silver) resu spell

1 Like

I think you are referring to this Q&A.

http://blog.treeofsavior.com/en/?p=213

Yes, currently backmasking does not revive monsters, only allies. Iā€™ve been trying to look for videos that did revive the monsters. I was able to find some previously, but canā€™t seem to find it again since it was in korean. They probably fixed the backmasking and prevented it from reviving mobs, quite disappointing IMO.

Its s shame. I think chrono is already a strong class, just wishing back mask and reincarnate were more dependable skillsā€¦

Well, it doesnā€™t really make the class stronger :stuck_out_tongue: it just gives you more loot. Yay. :gift:

so backmasking really is just an expensive resu skill now? which has drawbacks since u can accidentally revive enemies?

with a very long cd I think its fine if it can revive mobs but not bosses so it wouldnt be so broken/abused
but to change it to just resu, deym daniel

disappointing :(((

By enemies you mean in PvP? Yes it can. But if you mean monsters, then no it canā€™t :slight_smile:

Backmasking is actually a helpful skill. It can reverse a wipe, especially if you are bunched up together. It can delay monsters who are rushing to you when your party is not ready. As far as I know, it can remove certain CCs (not sure about this, still need to test it though).

I thought Backmasking is one of the main reasons you grab a Chrono for EarthTowers. At the higher level floors like 8 & 9 when you get bum rushed by the mobs, they can backmask and reset everything - so hopefully you have a better plan next time they charge in.

Does leveling up Resurrect increase success chance on bosses?
Thatā€™s what I want to know.
Need someone to test.

Backmasking can indeed revert the effects of CC, and also revive party members who have died within the time of rewind.

Thanks for clarifying! :slight_smile:

yea all these are true, just cant help feeling disappointed since all these can be done by a clericā€¦ and backmasking really is just an emergency spell incase wipe/ party cleric died.

so chrono actually the char that can make +15 equipment easily ?
upgrade -> fail -> backmask -> try again ?

No, backmasking doesnā€™t work that way. :slight_smile:

oh sad, it doesnā€™t revert the fail upgraded equipment :frowning:

No xD wish it could though that would be perfect hahaha

so if you found a flushing mobā€¦ kill and revive it

Backmask work on magic tile???

10 healā€¦ U used 5 tilesā€¦ Use backmask back again 10 tilesā€¦

Cast flame groundā€¦flame ground duration expiredā€¦ Cast backmaskā€¦ And the flame ground ressurectedā€¦

How bout this??

Ive had lvl 15 reinc for a while. no increase in chance.

Nope. Would be cool if it did all that. I mean why is a c3 chrono skill so much worse than a c1 rogue skill? By the way it costs 10k per use with a massive cd.