Tree of Savior Forum

Chronomancer and Alchemist Circles

Hello everyone,

I have a Pyro3 and I’m currently a Chronomancer and I found myself in a bit of a decision. I’d like to take Alchemist after Chronomancer but because we’re only on rank 9 so far, I won’t be able to have both these classes at circle 3. So while I wait for rank 10 to be released, what would be the best option for now? Chrono3 or Alchemist 3? I suspect Chrono 3 is more useful but I wonder if I’ll miss out on anything very important that Alchemist 3 offers.

Thanks for the help.

What do you want alchemist for? If its item awakening and magnum opus then c2 is enough.

Chronos are usually c3 or not at all.

If you dont go alchemist 3, you cannot make level 15 pots and will take longer to craft more items with magnum opus.

I dont suggest mixing chrono and alch, their rank requirements are too high and you are better off making an alchemist build and a chrono build seperately.

Since you are pyro 3 chrono 1. I think you should go pyro 3 chrono 3 enchanter 2 or thauma 2.

1 Like

Hum, but don’t you think pyro-chrono goes well with Alchemist? Alchemist class has no combat skills, and I find pyroC3 very powerful on its own and with Chronoc3 I would be able to give some more support to parties. It seems like a good balance between solo and party play, no?

If it is a build for making potions and mule for gem shop + etc., then prioritize Alch3, but you will not be able to really play it outside of those “merchant” purposes. Chrono 1/2 is not that useful unless it’s for TBL.

If it is a build you want to legitimately play as a character, then chrono3 will be better, although combining it with alchemist will be a slight waste since alchemist serves no other purpose than being a merchant class (which you should make a dedicated character for instead).

Yes they do sound pretty good to mix taking alchemist circles over enchanter/sage/thauma seems like a waste.

If you decide to go pyro 3 chrono 3 alch 2, then you used 2 circles for item awaken and magnum opus. With rank 10 for alch 3, you can make level 15 pots.

Wouldnt it be better to go for enchanter 2 then 3 or thauma 2 then 3 at rank 10?

As sakanagi said, its better to dedicate another character to being an alchemist. My alchemist build is pyro 1 linker 2 thauma 2 alch 3 just to farm uosis. I kept my pyro 3 chrono 3 enchanter 2 as an alt for dailies and ET.