Tree of Savior Forum

Chrono mancer general opinions thus far

so most of us know that chronomancers as a whole are not the best class.

you need to go 3 circles in to get 2 decent skills, the others are not even as good as anything a soul linker or even a cleric can offer, and two of them are barely worth putting 1 point into.

so I will post some general opinions I have on the skills, and some suggestions.

quicken - decent skill but controlled almost entirely by lag and only useful to auto attacking/crit classes…and the best buff we have.

honestly I suppose nothing needs to be changed here.

slow - decent debuff but useless aside from training mobs and pvp which admittedly both it’s pretty good at.

suggestions - slowing down animations/aspd would be nice here giving you more time to avoid skills.

reincarnate - I honestly enjoy this skill as a grinding skill, mostly because it so rarely works on bosses if ever. getting credit and drops for 2 kills instead of one is nice.
suggestions - make it an aoe, lower the cool down, improve drops/exp based on the level of reincarnate.

haste - 1 rank skill for a little extra movement speed.
suggestions - increase animation speed allowing caster to use theire abilities faster would be a nice option.

Pass is pretty OP. /20char

edit: Also, a KR Cleric said that some high level mobs are immune to Joint Penalty.

I don’t know about OP but I suppose I don’t have the skill yet, that said for investing rank 4-7 I’d sure hope it was pretty good because not much about the class is.

Cyro/Chrono is much better than Linker or Cleric as support late game.

Chrono skills scale off your parties DPS which increases exponentially at high levels with ranks and gear. Linker/Cleric boosts are flatlined and fall off later. Cleric is flat damage and their best late game DPS buff Sacrament (for the extra hit) is buyable off spell shops. Linker links are nice but when you are mobbing a group of 20+ even 8 links is not that noticeable.

Quicken is great, Pass is godly, and you are way way underselling haste. Max haste is incredibly noticeable and makes it so anyone kiting basically will never get hit by melee mobs.