Tree of Savior Forum

Chrono c3 or Sage?

Hi. So, this is my current build (Cryo>Kinoc3>Chronoc2) I am currently at rank 7 and i was thinking on taking sage at 8, so i could get some better rotation, also the Missile hole skill, but i’m not really sure…
i like PvE but i mainly prefer focusing on PvP. What are your thoughts? or advantages and disadvantages from each choice :v

Go for chrono 3. Pass is one of the reasons why you go chrono. It’s probably the one of the OP skills utility-wise and can make a big difference is some situations (Like ET.).

Missle hole is good in pve (I heard its also good at PVP) but from what I know, It has a hit count. In this situation, I’d prefer chrono’s pass.

1 Like

Depends on your need. Utility-wise and PVE-wise, I’d go with Sage because of Portal, Missile Hole, and Blink.

Though, if you’re more focused with PVP, I guess you’re better off with Chrono C3.

1 Like

Honestly, both ways have their own pros and cons that you have to decide for yourself which one is “better.”

On the PvE side of things, Chrono3 wins over Sage. Pass > Missile Hole, and faster Haste > Portal.

In PvP, things are a little bit more complicated.

Sage:
Missile hole does have a hit count, but it’s actually quite high at level 5 and I’ve never run out of hit counts before being able to recast the buff. With sage, you give a buff to yourself and party member that makes a lot of skills unable to damage you, and you’ll have access to Sage’s strong hitting skills if you do manage to catch an opponent in one of your CC’s (cryokino excels in this though).

Problem is sage is close range, so you’ll have to CC your opponent before you can damage them, and the skills are very high CD (micro dimension has 3 overheats but its AoE is so small you have to be super close to hit it). Also, as a cryokino, you’re usually going to kill people with your ice wall and ice shards, so you probably won’t even use Sage to damage that much if you do get it (it’s just another option for if you catch opponents in magnetic force or sleep or freeze them, for example.

Chrono3
You get a faster haste and access to Pass to make your damage combo and CC skills have shorter effective cooldowns.

CryoKino skills are honestly enough to get you to win a lot of matches. Problem is these skills are usually Mid-range, so you will need to play smart around classes that tend to run around and use ranged skills like a lot of the archers and kabbalist/inquis. You won’t be as safe as sage from being sniped.

If you play PvP really well, I think Chrono3 will serve you better than Sage.

1 Like

Sage:
Really good Quality of Life skill = Portal.
Awesome Anti-range buff = Missile Hole
His damage skills are more a Support thing than damage, some are trick and situational to use.

Chrono3
With pass you’ll have more Damage (dps wise) more CC, and arguably the best support skill in the game.Combining it with quicken you’ll be a increase of around 30% on your party damage overall.
Haste 10 is beautiful and really good to gather mobs, farm ■■■■.

You need to balance which fits more your playstyle, sage is more limited but noobfriendly while Chrono3 gives you by far more creativity to play.

@edit

I dont know how RuneCaster is right now, but I guess is also a good option to consider

2 Likes

I’d say chrono would be the best choice. Pass is such an awesome skill, even when soloing.

Hey, Arthephius!

Do you get many party playing? Can you work as a support with Kino / Chrono?

I’ve been thinking about going the path of Cryo3/Chrono3 OR Cryo/Kino3/Chrono3 but I’m still not sure which way to go.
I mean, I want to support and play in parties at mid-end game. However, I still have no friends ingame to make parties, lol.

So I know there will be some solo leveling ahead and I’m thinking if Kino3/Chrono3 is a better path than Cryo3/Chrono3.

The thing is: is Cryo3 essential for support / party playing? Or is Chrono3 what it’s needed?
And, is Cryo3 enough for solo leveling, or Kino3 would be muuuuch better?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Mateusfeld. Well, I don’t know much about the game yet, but al least with my build leveling is pretty easy, i think is easier than cryo3 chrono3. In dungeons i see myself gathering monsters then CC them, but when there’s a cryo3, my CC is useless compared to their frost tree thingy. Also i can use the icewall combo to instakill the bosses too.

1 Like

Thanks, Arthephius!
And what about party playing? Are you often into it or you prefer soloing?

Chrono3 or don’t go Chrono at all.

Well, With all the returning player and such, the leveling got so fast, i actually don’t lose any time leveling with quests, i an going into dungeons, so, no party :v