Tree of Savior Forum

Character Slot "Book" Made up of "Pages"

There is free TP in the game, but it’s not enough to purchase a character slot. That’s reasonable. However it’s frustrating that you can’t use this TP over time to purchase a character slot.

I propose that there are two items: One is something like a page from a book. The other is the book. Collect enough pages, and you can trade them in for a book. Each “page” would cost 5 TP. You’d need a lot of pages to get a book, though I imagine not over 100, as that would be a bit excessive. Whatever is needed to make it profitable, though, would work.

To make this fair to the hard workers who code and maintain this game, there could be a one time purchase of an item or privilege that is required to transform pages into books that costs slightly more than one character slot, or perhaps more than two character slots. Again, I’m not sure how much would be needed to offset cost, but the idea is that people pay this once and then can grind out pages to create character slots.

In this way you pay one lump sum up front for the privilege of grinding new character slots, but you also don’t have to pay for every character slot individually. This would appeal to the people who are okay with a “one time purchase” spent on a game, but don’t want to spend money here and there on a game. This token, item, or whatever could also be server unique to keep people from terribly abusing it across many different servers and heavily impacting data centers. In addition, I suggest that pages and books are not able to be traded, as that would encourage real currency transactions and threaten in game economy. If anyone has any thoughts on this I’d love to hear others weigh in.

1 Like

I can see where you’re coming from (and it sounds like a fun idea) but tbh I doubt they’d want to give up the revenue