Tree of Savior Forum

Character Naming

I think it might be better if we could choose all of our character’s first names AND last names. With the way it’s setup we can choose the first name, but the last name is apparently linked to the account name?

I just think it might be more dynamic to allow us to pick both first and last names for each character individually. They’re all living in the same barracks, doesn’t mean they all need to have the same last name after all.

4 Likes

The sad part is not a family name,it’s the party name.

1 Like

Personnaly, i prefer having one and only one “account” name, because you’ll always know who you are playing with (if you know him/her ofc)

There isn’t a real point in having different last names imo, and you can always go to the options, hide your acc name, and name your character something like : Pizza von Bretzel, with your acc name being for example Wololo but hidden =)

also what’s wrong about party name ? XD

I liked the Family name, because anyone will Always know you;;; BUT the Family name can Always be changed… i HOpe they change that

1 Like

There are games out there that you can name your chars but the name that appear on the chat is the account name or tag.
Diablo III is one of those.

To those it isn’t made clear to because OP has poor phrasing choices…

The suggestion is that we can have an account name that is separate from our character names which can be allowed to have a space in it so that we might be able to create our own surnames.
(if I got this right)

i.e. GW2’s system.

1 Like

Ahhh ok, now i got it, yeah i think that would be nice, help in case of scam and hacking a bit, since the account name or account surname will be visible.

I really enjoy GW2’s way of naming characters. Just the one thing I didn’t like about it is that a surname was required. Final Fantasy 14 does the same thing. I preferred it to be an optional thing like in RO (yeah, yeah, yeah, just using it as a reference) That you could either have a name like 2hot2kill.(lol) or something like Yoshimura Mamoto. Just by adding a space(Which most games didn’t allow as a usable ‘character’

I like single names - Rarer names can show how long the players have been around for.

Just flavor things. More names can be available like that.

i actually like the family name thingy…
but when i chat, my family’s name came out instead of my name which is…mehh…

Is it possible that two exactly identifical names exsist twice?
For example Klaus Muller and Klaus Muller?
Or has the other call himself Klaus MullerZ?

I don’t think you can have the same exact name twice. I tried that in iCBT and ended up just deleting the other character. I’m fairly sure you can change the First name of the character in game but it might just be for CBT and might cost real money when the game fully launches.

It might go to this side, renaming char in many other games are paid services,