Tree of Savior Forum

Chaplain vs Dragoon

How strong would Aspersio be to normal enemies? Isn’t the video only tested for dark/ghost type monster?

If the magic damage against normal monster won’t be worth it, is it not risky to build full int?
Doesn’t we will benefit more in str/dex/con as DPS rather than full int?
Or am I thinking wrong?

If we will divide to percentage the damage this build does, how much percentage are we relying in magic damage and physical damage?
I was thinking it will help us think which gives better benefits…

TIA

Also, I thought adding Krivis to the build to push it better as DPS…

(I dropped Blessings just to give way to my other support skills… Atleast, I’m still good as a party member though I’m DPS… Is it worth it?)

P.S.
I was thinking of the same build… Hope I can join the discussion…

TIA

The problem with going Krivis, at least in my opinion, is that we really only benefit from Daino. As far as the damage go, no skills scale with STR or DEX, neither can they crit, so going full INT or full SPR seems like a logical way to go, at least DPS wise, but make note that you are throwing survivability out of the window. I’m still unsure if it’s not just easier to buy scrolls and play a Dragoon in the end, because auto attack Chaplain build seems like a massive pain in the ass, if I decide to go for it anyway, I’ll probably go 1/1/2 STR /CON/DEX.

This would be the answer to my question… (and perhaps for you as well…)

that’s from other thread…

The build is already in the comment…

sigh… full int it goes… (-_-")

He doesn’t seem to be using blessing, any idea why?

It is rumored to be a waste in high level difficulties while consuming too much skill points…

It has a flat damage buffs which is not useful during high level scenario where +100 damage does not matter at all…

That’s one thing I’m considering in choosing my build (as they say)… It’s like choosing between pure build while sacrificing class utility or class efficiency while losing pure build ideology…

whatyathink?

Anyway, I might proceed with my Str/Dex build with Priest and Krivis as my primary clas…

If you will ask why… One thing I learned from seeking a DPS critical cleric clas… It is impossible for cleric class to do it… Swordsman fit it best!

I can see that the classes distinction were strictly made to make each classification unique on its own.

Seeking a build reverse to what it was intended is like a waste…

Just as you see… If we will go full int for cleric and do its dps, we know that Wizard can do that best right?

Then when seeking a support role when you are in Wizard class is also a waste when cleric fits it best… (though you can still go that path but just a little bit and stay in the class best purpose)

I watched different videos where each class build is useful for different scenarios… (guild wars, pvp, pve, dungeons/money hunting, etc)
I can see that classes were meant to cooperate with one another that’s why I’m proceeding that path (for now).

The only reason why I’ll keep my critical build is for times when I’m soloing. But the buffs that I have will still be useful for parties, guild wars, etc…

I might sacrifice great benefits from this build but I’m still studying it… If it’s really efficient to go that way…
If the sacrifices are enough, then I might proceed.

I want a build that’s compatible for my taste but not being too selfish being not useful to anyone at all…

I don’t know if I’m in my right mind but I’m still learning…
I’m hoping I’d lessen wasting my time building experiments XD

I hope I’d learn from your advice :smiley:

I keep wondering if the Priest/Chaplain is worth it in the long run, because most of the skills don’t scale and those which do, scale with INT.

Going down the STR/DEX route, this seems the only viable route for me, unless you decide to go monk, especially after the buff limit is getting buffed to 7.

Or alternately, something like this:
From what I’ve seen, the hp regen should be borderline insane.

1 Like

I believe, both are good build.
It’s just a matter of question which is more worth it…

The Chaplain>Paladin build surely makes you a useful support while maintaining you Str/Dex build but… it was known by many that Cleric branch lacks the growth of Dex/Critical Rate compared to Swordsman branch.
We surely needs to sacrifice high amount of stats just to compensate for such…

But your Paladin>Plague Doctor build surely compensate for it but losing the sense of being a support (since most support falls in the Priest class) may make you unuseful/do solo player at most time (you have no heal, no resu, no aspersion + no stoneskin – heal and resu is what they expect from support class)

Hmm… But this is the thing… You want a Str/Dex build right? I suggest you go for the Plague Doctor build. Close the door of being a full support and just focus on what matter most to your build…
Focus on your own gameplay and just accept the other part that you will lose.

Think if your build is good enough for its damage and survive-ability (i thnk that build is a little bit squishy).

If your going for Paladin, please do make sure that Smite hits off the crook! That way, you got your own specialty, not just being a dps.

Also consider buying skill scrolls to compensate what you lack (i.e. aspersio 15, stone skin 5 – if they can be craft by Pardoner)

Reexperiment the build and wait for feedback during OBT… Listen to kTOS player comments here and I hope we both do well in having this concept… XD

Right now, I’m confused which to take. But I hope I’ll do well same as you…

:smiley:

there is no reason not to take Cleric C2 for Safety Zone attribute and twice as efficient heals. And in case of you going INT route - cure will become a mad dps skill with C2 attribute as well.

Discussing Chaplain vs Dragoon comparison is about same as discussing Apples vs Oranges.

1 Like

Made another thread, condensed some info