Tree of Savior Forum

Chaplain Math - Aspersion vs Blessing vs Sacrament

I just realized that it was a selfish decision that I maxed Aspersion instead of Blessing, since Aspersion for Aspergillum only affects my damage. Too late before I realized. I am always party grinding right now (Evac), so Blessing would be more beneficial for the party. Not to mention that the damage difference for Aspergillum procs per skill lvl of Blessing and Aspersion is 5.3. I’m also mostly using Inceneration of PD now, so I should really have chosen Blessing.

100% will re-skill.

Also, the kToS patch will make Blessing better, which I hope be implemented soon.

Sorry for the necro (though this deserves a pin).

I’m on the same boat. I maxed my Aspersion and have Blessing at 8. I’ll redo the skill with skill potion. Do you know what happens to your passives when you use the skill reset potion?

The attributes will remain. My friend used one before.

I picked up the attribute with level 0 Aspersion. It seems to count as level 1 anyways, so i think its better to get level 15 buff from pardoner and keep your own Aspersion at 0.

PREAMBLE: I’m using comma as decimal mark!

Sorry for necro-ing this thread. Does the math indicated by the TS still apply today? If I go Chaplain and I want to be as damage-oriented as possible in PVE (no plans on doing PVP), how should I allocate my Priest skill points effectively to achieve this?

Thanks!

max blessing is enough

0 aspersion 1 sacrament

max revive and other what u want

1 monstrance

Don’t ever recommend 0 in aspersion for a Chaplain. The damage attribute for aspersion requires that you have at least 1 point in the skill.

So if you have 50 attribute points and 0 in aspersion, you will be doing 50% less damage than a chaplain with 1 point in aspersion.

3 Likes

it used to work at lv0 (not sure buggy or not)
my lv0 do more damage than lv1 (attribute 40)

It is literally impossible for lvl 0 to do more damage than lvl 1, even if you had attribute 0.

i will test again with free reset potion

i keep at lv0 (have reserved skill point to put 1 anytime)

i used to have 15 before reset

already tested this ages ago but feel free, even if it changed it is silly to not have points in aspersion.

my lv0 used to do same amount damage as lv10

that was lv0 attribute since i test

nvm it’s long time ago, just get 1