Tree of Savior Forum

Chaplain Math - Aspersion vs Blessing vs Sacrament

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

if you donā€™t put any points in it, then itā€™s the same as using lv1 Aspersion.

i would -expect- that if you do not put any points in it, the attribute will not count.
itā€™s the same as buying lv2 resurrect, getting the attribute for Revive duration, and then resetting skills so you no longer have lv2 Ress ā€“ the Revive attribute stops working because you donā€™t meet the requirement.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I read and I understood what to prioritize but I still donā€™t know how many points I should invest in those skills, Iā€™m looking for a SP worthy ratio without relying on pardoner buffs.

What do you think of this one? http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/olbr9u9crv/

The question is how many skill points you want to put into support skills / how many into dmg skills.
So not relying on Pardoner Buff Iā€™d suggest 10 Sacrament, 15 Aspersion, 5 Blessing for best solo Damage.

Thatā€™s exactly my goal, to be a dpser with good support (Iā€™m going Druid), I used a reset skill potion and now my build look like this http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/p2xg0e94jq/ but I have 9 more points to use. How should I distribute them between Revive and Mass Heal in your opinion? Or perhaps I should add 2 more points in Blessing and 1 more onto Resurrection for the attribute I donā€™t know, this is my first character :grin:

I tried already I hv my skill reset before being chaplain and I has aspergillum and use it with out aspersion and the attack is about 500 but the after put 1 skill point on to aspersion the damage is about thousand++ and about he attribute of aspersion its has effect on aspergillum too. The attack i got from aspergillum is equal the attack u make when u splash aspersion.

Thatā€™s a hard question. Iā€™m unsure, too how to reskill my character. Are you going a Cleric C2 route? In this case you could live with a lower level of mass heal. At least two points into Ressurection for the Revive Attribute are recommended. Revive is ok on low Skill lvls and really great on high lvl.

No Druid2 I spent a second point onto Resurrection and now I have 8 more to ditribute between Mass Heal-Revive-Blessing. It seems that Revive must be at 6 to make full use of last rites (30% HP) but 2 points in Mass Healā€¦I mean itā€™s hard to land it while pugging but it needs more points to be reliable.

Revive lvl and Last Rites are not really related. Let me tell you how Last Rites works:
As soon as you drop below 40% (50% with Attribute) Last Rites gets stronger for the rest of the buff duration (even if you heal up). So it doesnā€™t matter with how much life Revive saves you as you will have already dropped below 40% before Revive activates.
It will reset when you recast Last Rites.

that point in Exorcism feels wasted, and iā€™m not sure about the points in Stoneskin.

Stoneskin depends on your Spr basically; if you have low Spr, then you need to make up by investing lots of points. if you have high Spr, or even moderate, Stoneskin is just a 1-point wonder.

personally, i would have stuffed all those points into Blessing.

like @krocsyl said; another point into Ressurection for the Revive Duration attribute

if you plan to be a DPS, i would skip mass heal entirely, revive -can- be a 1 point wonder, and sink the rest into Blessing. (but iā€™ve really got a thing for Blessing, so thatā€™s up to youā€¦)

this is the price we pay; if we choose DPS, we must sacrifice a lot of our Supportā€¦ and if we choose Support, we lose out on DPS.

Does anyone test chaplain>sadhu? Asperggilum + Obb

You need Exorcise to land Magnus Ex. and an AoE spell is really helpful to reach rank 6 or deal with large groups. I have moderate spirit on my build and Stoneskin negate so much damage that I really canā€™t bring myself to lower it.
Blessing is cool but 1 skill point adds so little damage that I donā€™t know if itā€™s worth to max it. Unfortunately without Cleric C2 or points in Mass Heal Iā€™ll surely have troubles finding groups in higher levels.

how will chaplain DPS compare to other cleric DPS classes after KTOS blessing buff? vs Diev>Druid>PD
specially chaplain and not a build path including chaplain, because i think to maximize damage on chaplain you will need SPR instead of INT, meaning you lose synergy and damage on other classes that benefit from INT.

aspergillium can be counted as another ā€œextra hitā€ like last rites, cafrisun, sacrament or enchant fire

all of these proc on basic attacks, and neither of them proc on OOB, because OOB attacks count as a spell

SPR-Chaplain will be stronger with auto-attacking after kTOS Blessing buff.
But itā€™s really not worlds apart from INT-Chaplain.
But INT-Chaplains Magic Attacks will still be much stronger than SPR-Chaplainā€™s ones.
If you have classes that benefit of INT it will be better to keep an INT build

1 Like

[quote=ā€œnuclearmissile, post:23, topic:292349ā€]
Actually some people after resetting their skills, have proven that attributes still work even if you no longer meet the requirement. But does this apply to Aspersion attribute without Aspersion affecting Aspergillum and without using skill resets first? Thatā€™s the question
[/quote]Does anyone have confirmation on the above (in regards to Aspersion)? Because if you truly donā€™t need lv1 on it for the attribute to be obtainable and apply, thereā€™s not much reason to get it at low levels if we get the Blessing buff.

@OP, thanks a lot for the thread (and all recent Chaplain math youā€™ve posted), itā€™s very informative. Two questions though: itā€™s left unclear how exactly the boost on Last Rites boosts damage. I understand the activating and deactivating conditions, but how is the damage boost applied? Just a flat % increase on the buff?

Also, if we attempt to synergize Revive levels with Last Ritesā€™s boost activation, will the boost activate when weā€™re exactly at 40% HP (Revive lv8), for example? Or is it the kind of thing where your HP has to be not dividable by 2 blah blah?

Sorry for being a little out of topic, but is it really worth it to went SPR chaplain? isnt the cleric heal will become rather useless since there is no INT to raise the heal number?

Iā€™ve experienced party with a full con cleric (no int) c2 and their 20 heal tile heal so little. I usually just need to take 3 tiles of heal to recover my entire health, but with a healer that has no int I need to take double the amount of heal tiles.

Base Cleric Heal has part of the healing number based on the personā€™s max HP. Iā€™ve also heard over and over that yes, even without an INT build, Cleric C2 is enough support for all current PvM content (except maybe ET)ā€¦ so itā€™s probably more than fine.

Also, remember that Chaplain has Priest3, and thus normally packs Mass Heal (especially if SPR). Mass Heal scales equally with SPR and INT, it does not favor a specific stat. Also remember that most of the leveling until lv240+ is done by solo questingā€¦ and after Blessing buff, SPR Chaplain will be much better at that than INT.

In addition, SPR build gets stronger debuffs, stronger Stoneskin, and the Blessing after Blessing buff (if we do get Blessing buff) for SPR build is insanely strong, making it great party support. Definitely worth it.

Last Rites is just another stronger Sacrament.

Last Rites = Sacrament +25%
Last Rites 40% = Sacrament +50%

Those are the values (holy property attack) based on Sacrament LVL
Note that there might be errors of Ā±1 because of rounding.

LV --- Sa --- LR --- 40
01 --- 12 --- 15 --- 18
02 --- 15 --- 19 --- 23
03 --- 18 --- 23 --- 27
04 --- 21 --- 26 --- 32
05 --- 24 --- 30 --- 36
06 --- 27 --- 34 --- 41
07 --- 30 --- 38 --- 45
08 --- 33 --- 41 --- 50
09 --- 37 --- 46 --- 56
10 --- 40 --- 50 --- 60
11 --- 44 --- 55 --- 66

The only way to synergize those two skills would be by getting a lethal hit while being above 40% life. We need someone to test this with Revive lvl 8 and higher.

2 Likes