Tree of Savior Forum

Channels per idiom

I was thinking: this channel system can be of good use for something in the area of languages and localization by labeling some of them with languages. No need to build new servers or lock people(and their accounts) in different instances in the same infrastructure.

Examples:
Here in Latin America we have 2 main languages: the hueBR(Brazilian Portuguese) and the jaja(Spanish). It is messy for both types of player to play together on one place. A lot of portuguese speakers can understand spanish, but its not comfortable to do so. And I have already seen a few jajas complaining that they couldn’t find compatriots to play with in the beta. We can make the game better for them simply by labeling a few channels as “Spanish”, like “Channel 9 - Spanish”, this way people form argentina can still play with a server optimized for their connection but without the need to lock them away and create yet another server.

We can see the same in NA with Canada having some portion of its population speaking french: they can play just fine in NA servers, but if they had some channels labeled as “French” they could have a better time, being more comfortable playing and finding compatriots to play with. Plus, there would be no need to create a new server for them.

1 Like

greta ideia a simple name-tag in a couple of channels to make things easy

like ch 1-4 free for all
ch 5-7 language 1
ch 8-10 language 2

Hiya, from what I have heard. Such feature is not technically feasible.

Sorry to disappoint :frowning: