Tree of Savior Forum

Changing the mouse cursor size ingame

I got a new screen yesterday and now my desktop resolution is 3840 x 2160. So far so good but when I’m playing ToS in mouse mode the cursor is extremely tiny now. To the point that I literally cannot see it anymore. I just ran Saalus and I hardly knew where I was targetting. Obviously this makes mouse mode unplayable.

I tried changing the cursor size in windows but it has no effect on ToS. Changing the ingame resolution is not possible for fullscreen mode either and I did not find an option that affects the size of the cursor.

Please consider adding/changing something to make mouse-mode a bit more future-proof in that regard. If there is a workaround for the problem, I’m all ears too. So far I have only found two old threads concerning this issue which received zero replies.

this is an interesting topic !

I was digging around but to no avail.
i found another game’s solution though

2 Likes

Thanks for your effort. I tried what the link said but it didn’t work out for me. I’m using windows 10 but there is no slider for the resolution size of the icons, etc. Rather it’s a drop-down menu (and a prompt to enter a value defined by the user). The problem is that after changing the current setting windows demands from the user to log off for the changes to take effect. This of course kills steam and therefore also ToS. Maybe it worked differently in an older version of win 10.

Did you try the cursor settings under “Ease of Access”

Yup, I tried the larger cursor icons there too. Didn’t have any effect at all in ToS.

seems like there is no way to change it in game

you might have to rely on 3rd party softwares for your fix:

https://pandateemo.github.io/YoloMouse/index.html

I saw a solution for dota2 ( steam client too ) where they did -cursor_scale_percent 100 on launch options. Lemme try that doesnt work

1 Like

I will probably just change the resolution setting to something lower again before starting ToS. I just noticed that this also screws with your current settings. Going from higher to lower resolution causes ToS to still display the old fullscreen settings and you only get to see part of your screen. The window to change resolutions is not accessible. Fumbling around in the user.xml again should help with that though. And this should be a one-time issue.

Ty again for the help.

ahhh this explains why i have a giant cursor on my laptop’s ToS. Was prolly an unintended thing for my case but i was trying to emulate itagain