Tree of Savior Forum

Changes to Upgrade System during past year?

Hi, I recently came back from a 1 year break and I noticed, that there are plenty of +10 and higher upgraded items for really low prices. Did they make upgrading way more affordable or is it as expensive as it used to be at launch? I remember paying several 100k for a single attempt, thats why I dont get how +10 stuff can cost 1 mil etc.

thx in advanche ~

The price of enhancing decreased dramatically compared to before. The release of Diamond Anvils, which upon failure doesn’t decrease the level of enhancement but does cause a loss of potential, has also been a major factor, these anvils, among Silver, and Golden ones which have been given out fairly generously in events have caused there to be more, cheaper, less risky, ways to increase enhancement.

Enhancement damage has also been buffed significantly, which has incentivized players to invest more in enhancement as well.

The primary changes happened with the Combat Update in May 2017:

The costs for upgrades got severely reduced (costs over 1 million usually only apply for level 315+ unique/legendary weapons once they reach an upgrade level of +18 or +19).

There is a new anvil type (diamond anvil) that allows you to upgrade an item for 3 times the normal enhancement fee, but if you fail the upgrade, your weapon will only lose 1 potential, it will not downgrade.

Events also constantly give out silver anvils and enhancement coupons (which reduce the upgrade costs by 100000 silver each), so it’s a lot cheaper to upgrade.

Last but not least, the safe upgrade limit is now +5 for both armor and weapon, so no more frustration when upgrading your armor&shield, leaving you with 0 potential at +3 or +4.

ah, thanks for the answers, that explains a lot ^^