Tree of Savior Forum

Changes in events and injustices

Hello, I came to leave here my complaint regarding the last decisions of the company about changing the mechanics of events during their time.

Regarding the Trick or Treat event, due to the problems of the badly planned event you changed the mechanics for better, but donated 2000 Odd Candies to everyone and then removed with the following condition: (to have entered the event at least once). I like many other players I have more than one account to be able to use characters stores (squire, pardoner, etc) I took the 75 bless with these accounts and after a few days the imc removed. A friend of mine also took 75 bless and transferred it to his main account and continued with them, was it fair?

About Monster Tamer: Round 2, I and some friends found that it was possible to kill the boss with only 1 player with high level pokemon, just like it was in the previous event, so we decided it would be better to donate the monster energy to 1 player only, people in the game and many did the same, after 1 week of trading and buying items imc resolves to change the mechanics of the event again (I’m not referring to the exploit of transferring orbs to multiply monsters). Result: too much wasted resource and wasted time.

It would be very good if the company did tests and planned more carefully the events before launching so disastrously and then having to make those desperate changes that end up favoring some and disfavoring others.

12 Likes

They changed the rules on the third week of halloween event too.

I don’t want to be extremely negative but i feel the whole game is like these last events. I just can’t invest in this game because i feel like sooner or later rules are going to change and my efforts are wasted.
I have few examples but after all what can we do? IMC devs decide and change the game, and the events, as they like and when they like without community’s feedback

10 Likes

The publisher ■■■■■■■ sucks, and the game does too. It had great potential, but they want to bury it, so we’ll bury it.

Yeah, just do at your pace, it’s what I’m doing, in all honesty, lately I can’t stand staying more than 30 or 1 hour in-game, depending on my mood.

They change the rules after seeing they messed in the event planing and design, WE have to show them what they made errors, they don’t check stuff before releasing.

“I feel IMC is doing a good job…” I don’t, and they shove it every week on our faces that they don’t know how to work.

This situation the game is suffering now remind me of that movie Snowpiercer. Pilled up tension to finish with a shitty non-sense ending lol.

1 Like

Obviously GMs and Devs dont play the game that they made u.u

1 Like

Hi, just another person who’s been tricked by that 2000 candy compensation here to voice her opinion. I usually prefer to keep quiet most of the time (really… I’d rather avoid posting but here I am) , but I figured if I don’t speak up, IMC is just going to assume that I’m okay with how they’re running their game.

On the Odd Candies:

Unfortunately for me, it was my one and only main account that was affected. They took away the rest of my candies, that i can understand, what I don’t get is why my blessed shards from Saalus were included. I sent a ticket about it last week, got a generic reply as expected and nothing else. To be honest I’m not really keeping my hopes up. That’s weeks of farming for my supposedly first Trans weapon, all vanished in a day because of these “sudden change in rules” like you mentioned, OP.

One can say “just farm it again.” Oh, I wouldn’t mind if this is something that matters in life, but ToS is just a game. Why should I waste time earning back my lost progress in a game that took it all away due to their ever-changing event rules? There are other more fun things I can do, and many other games that would treat me better.

It’s this uncertainty that’s pushing me away. Call me paranoid, but what if this happens again? What hard-earned item will they take away from me this time? And to make things more depressing, the people who deliberately tried to abuse the event get away with their actions while I and other players have no choice but to suck it up.

I want to love this game, I really do. I’ve been looking forward to it ever since it was announced as Project R1 years ago. I fell in love with the game’s soundtrack immediately, and the artstyle, oh the storybook-like artstyle… This game is a huge inspiration for me as an artist. The class system is quite fun too; I managed to make a Wizard that suits my playstyle perfectly, and my favorite Granado Espada class is here too (Musketeer.)

I CAN enjoy this game despite all the bugs (tho the recent ones are kinda rendering the game unplayable.) I was actually having fun playing casually. But it’s IMC themselves who are turning me away from their game. Bad decision after bad decision to the point that they’re pissing off different types of players from casuals to hardcores… I’m usually a very patient person but, ugh… IMC is really testing my patience and I’m starting to lose.

TL;DR: I am also disappointed with these sudden changes in events because lately players only end up wasting their efforts.
:tired:

6 Likes

I decided to stop playing, this sudden change in the Monster Tamer event was too frustrating for me and some friends. My guild as well as many others planned to donate the monster energy to one person, who would “load” guild members to get the rewards. Several people spent hours farming or spent a lot of money buying. All this effort was lost because of the bad decision of the company.

We sent the ticket asking them to return the monster energy to the inventory, which would be fair, so as to divide between the members and reduce the loss. They did not take our order. Result: I lost more than 50kk, my friends have also suffered losses, many of us are frustrated with the game and the company decisions and we will leave. The base that was before 1600 will decrease even more, soon it will become an offline game.

1 Like

Lol, there is lot of ppls who abused this 2000 candy givaway by creating multiple accounts which net them about 2k shard a day, it’s ~200mil silver a day if you don’t understand. IMC did nothing to punish those abusers, this game is about how good you are at abusing, if you don’t you will be poor as hell.

1 Like

I agree, in the candy event with is full of exploiters, Hacks and others IMC maintain the Prizes until the end…

Now in tammer Round 2 with the players only working together they change the prizes making infinite to 3 diamond anvils, and after this make the worst mistake brokening all investment from people changing the event, only because some players was crying saying this will broke the game economy…

So IMC have maked a game to the Most players OR to a few ? , in SILUTE everyone is angry with this decision and the drop of players is huge (most is not logging this days), only because some people there want this change to dont have strong players to TBL.

So IMC… think a Little still have time, but think well because is a low numbers of players in the game already and this decisions is only making this number drops more.

@STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Letitia @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Yuri

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

i gave my friend 2200 monster energy last week because he usually is the carrier.
now?
i’ m f u c k e d.

4 Likes

Enjoy Tree of Savior :tired:

wow this thread is so negative. well not my problem tho gonna sit back and relax

The funny is IMC dont have anyone to talk about this, i marked all staffs and no one comes here yet… 14h and no one to talk ?

In the end all we lose energys because a IMC error making the same event and changing later without reason…

I stop the purchases to IMC, dont buy TP or packs anymore, when IMC wanna give to the players some attention i comeback to buy.

You dont lose energys. If you help someone, now is time to them help u back.

Are u mad or blind ? In SILUTE a lot of players of PARADISE help HATREDS ( SLASHCOBAIN ) to level up pet monsters, but infortunatelly, he was using exploit to reset tamer’s orb and earn infinite shards selling entrys.

Just in case, check post with VIDEO and watch more then 3 monster pets at same run: [Abusing Report] SlashCobaiN [Guild Paradise]

Event was fixed because a huge ammount of players called for that.

Even now, anyone who spend 1 hour farming monster energy can level up your own pet to lvl 200 and get double amount of cubes. ( 3 runs = 3 cubes and 60 pieces each day. ) Cubes have chance of diamond anvil ( worth around 15kk each ), all that with a really small investment.

If you are looking for extremely high profit, all you need to do now is a high effort. Dont be greed.

This very accurately sums up why I left. It’s been…a long time since I actively played. Probably close to a year now. Since you’re saying you’ve been excited since the game was announced, you’ve probably been there through it all, too, so I don’t need to preach to the choir. :distinguished:

But yeah, a lot of people have been treating this game the same way people treat bad relationships: they keep trying to give them another chance, and another chance, and another chance; bad experience after bad experience continues, and it’s still too difficult to leave because your hopes of what the game could be (could have been) keep pulling you back in, and you just keep hoping for change and going through the same heartbreak and disappointment over and over. It’s sad.

At least I can look back and say “dang, they’re still doing this crap? I guess I made the right choice. :prince:

3 Likes

Yeah, I already dropped this game TWICE but here I am lol. I was keeping myself updated on the game up until launch. Planned to buy a Founder’s Pack but backed out due to the horrible optimization (not worth my money IMO.)

Decided to give it a second chance during F2P launch, still the same problems and it was already too late: Hype already died down for me and I was already preoccupied with RO. :stuck_out_tongue:

Here I am 1+ year later, giving ToS yet another chance. This time I actually decided to play for real. Performance seems a lot better (but still needs A LOT of improvement to make things like large-scale GvG a reality.)

I remember when I told my partner, a Granado Espada veteran player, that ToS will be developed by IMC Games. His reaction was along the lines of “nooo, not IMC! GG.” I’m beginning to realize why he said that… Overall for me ToS is just like their other game GE: Awesome art and music, interesting concepts, but all of that unfortunately ruined by poor design choices, poor management (10/10 should’ve voted for a publisher back then) and whatever game engine they’re using.

I’m just back to square one right now: Turned off by poor management of the game, hype for new content (rank 9) already dying down. As much as I want the new content to be bug-free (lol) as possible, if it takes any longer I’ll probably just forget about ToS again for another year or so. :distinguished:

3 Likes

Now I really understand why so many people quit the game, I do not regret playing casually until I reach the maximum level and complete the quests, but everything I did after that was a waste of time, do you want a tip? Do not invest 1 cent, do not play the end-game, do not mind having hard-to-reach equipment, it’s a waste of time.

1 Like

Oh man, you still playing RO?? I’ve tried to get back into it a few times, but it’s just so…old. xD It’s hard to tolerate the poor mechanics and flow of RO after playing a game that runs (fairly) smoothly like ToS. If they just gave RO the ToS style and gameplay, but kept everything else RO, I’d play the HELL out of that game.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.