Tree of Savior Forum

Change/Fix SR Buggy Companion Animations

Currently, Limacon Auto-Attack animations while moving look very unpolished and buggy. I believe a few things are causing this:

Firstly, while moving and performing a sub-weapon attack with Limacon active, your companion will do the slow-walking animation. This looks very unnatural as your companion will be moving at full running speed while doing a sort of “crawl” animation.

Second, it seems as if your companion’s walking animation starts over every time your character auto attacks - this makes your companion look weirder and twitchier as your attack speed gets higher. It is especially apparent on the larger companions like Goro, Golden Pup and Rocksodon.

Here’s a video showcasing the difference between running normally and running while attacking with Limacon:

As you can see, Goro just twitches his legs while hovering around and it looks very buggy and awkward.

My suggestion is to:

1. Change the companion’s pistol attack animation (sub-weapon attack with limacon active while moving) to the default companion running animation rather than the slow walk/crawl one.

2. Make the companion running animation not twitch and start over at the beginning of each Limacon auto attack (although I do understand if this is an issue with companions in general).

3 Likes

Unfortunate. owo;;;;

1 Like

Yep it does that to every pet of SRs. Been there ever since, doubt they will optimize it just to make gameplay smoother for SR players unfortunately

Yeah I doubt the animation will get changed at all :sad:.

I have hope they could fix the twitching/animation reset weirdness though since it seems to be a problem with every auto attack. Using running shot on foot has the same effect, but it’s a lot more noticeable on a companion like Goro or Golden Dog.