Tree of Savior Forum

Change EXP curve instead of EXP rate for a more enjoyable game

Hi IMC, as anyone I wanted to give an opinion on EXP rates, but more than that I wanted to give a suggestion for a different approach to the current exp problem, as I already talked in some topics.

Warning
This has nothing to do with the exp increase for the beta. I liked it and I think it does what we need, enabling us to reach further classes.

Why not EXP rates?
Sure, it makes leveling easier, for obvious reasons. However, it makes first classes less enjoyable. We don’t feel Rank 1, 2, even 3 anymore, because it passes so fast! Meanwhile, Rank 5-6 is too slow. When we get more levels, people will ask for an even higher rate. Soon we will have hundreds of levels more, and will either get insanely slow grinding, or get past the first 3 ranks in two hours.

Suggestion
Change EXP curve.

• Changing exp given by monsters is the easiest way, making it grow by a much faster pace. Benefits:
    • It works fine with the current exp needed / cards exp.
  • Solves the single target class grinding too, because these classes would look for stronger single monsters!
  • Make party more viable for leveling (go high level areas)
  • A new option to grind means more diversity/less crowded maps
  • The hard way would be to change both exp needed by level and exp given by cards to have a much slower curve. Than look at other problems individually.

This change would make us able to really feel the first ranks, experiencing early classes, maps, monsters, without making later grinding a pain. The game should be hard by the concept of grinding, but not this hard if it keeps growing at the current rate for 500+ levels.

Again, this is a personal opinion :slight_smile:
Thanks!

2 Likes

I agree though.
If they feel ranks go too fast or too slow, then they can fix their needed exp, but changing how exp works would be my personal recomendation for step 1 in improving the game. It fixes so many other problems, such as Warriors being OP and support classes being sorta useless in grinding.

Yea if they do this it would also make killing monsters higher then your lvl worth while, rather then farming things a few lvls lower so u can overkill them.