Tree of Savior Forum

Challenge Mode - Progress Bar

One of the more infuriating things about mouse mode in this game is that when you click to move it’s incredibly unresponsive. There have been slight improvements to it over the years but there’s always been one thing that’s always been a huge thorn in my side since beta 2. The UI is HIGHLY intrusive and, without Battle Mode addon, is not able to be clicked through.

Since the devs have LOCKED the challenge mode progress bar in the middle of the screen, where 90% of my movement is involved, and also decided to keep it un-click-through-able, most of my frustrations have returned. The major issue I had beforehand was that the skill bar UI section was completely off limits for movement in mouse mode until I discovered Battle Mode. Once again I have to fumble around with moving and placing area of affect skills properly in the middle of combat because of the incredibly overweight progress bar.

Please offer some solution to this obnoxiously invasive piece of UI, have a toggle button in settings, or pop it up near the map, or make it sizeable, or simply make it not be a deadzone for the mouse movement users. Please IMC I’m begging you, show this mouse mode user a little bit of love…

3 Likes

I used to love this addon back then when it worked. Mouse mode in ToS is a shame, unfortunatelly

Would an addon help to hide the challenge bar? I could make one if you’re okay with not seeing it.

I could probably easily also add a slash command to show it/hide it if need be.

2 Likes

I personally would be fine not seeing it, just as long as i can click to move through where it actually is on the screen. I’d be forever grateful for more mouse mode compatibility addons ;D

Battle Mode still works if you use the /bm command, I set /bm to one of my macro buttons ingame and it works fine. but you can’t click through the player hp/sp/sta bar at the topleft, the map, or the chat on the bottom left still.

All the UI is very intrusive (and sometime laggy), al least in my experience with 1080p res and less. And it’s obvious that is not the pc (current 7i+1080gtx+16gb RAM+500gb SSD).
Can any of @GM_Francis, @GM_Sebastian, @STAFF_Yuri, @STAFF_Amy, @STAFF_Bob, @STAFF_Ines, @STAFF_Letitia, @STAFF_Ethan or the person in charge to transmite this tipe of fact at the developers (and, coff coff server issues coff Silute post RE;Build coff) ?

And please, don’t reply the “post a ticket with your suggestion/specific problem”. They are global issue in this game.

1 Like

Here you go. I made an addon to remove the challenge mode UI.

Download this and place it in your Tree of Savior’s data folder. This is usually:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TreeOfSavior\data

https://github.com/Crevox/TOSAddon/raw/master/nochallengeui/_nochallengeui-⛄-v1.0.0.ipf

This will completely hide the UI that appears during challenge mode. I hope it helps. Feel free to let me know if you experience any issues.

3 Likes