Tree of Savior Forum

Cataphract Conundrum

Hi there.
I’m trying to make a 2H spear Cataphract build, but I’ve made several variants and I cannot decide which one is the best to go with! Please help me choose!

For rank 2, with both versions I’m wondering whether I should get Peltasta for Swashbuckling, or get Swordie C2 to improve buffs?

Variant 1)

With this one I’m kinda troubled which class to go C3 with first - Hop to max Finestra, or Cat to get Rush?

Variant 2)

Here I ditched Hop for Dragoon. Supposedly for better damage but I Don’t really know what I’m doing.

Personally I’m leaning forward variant 1 more.
Also, how should I go with stats? Full STR? A mix of STR & CON?
Armor? Full plate/leather or mix?

EDIT
In the end, after being discouraged from going Cataphract, I decided to go Murmillo.

it pains me to say this, but dopple is just much better than cata atm so I really can’t recommend catagoon anymore.

Um, thanks, but… I asked how to make THIS build work, not which one’s the best… ^^;

you can make almost any build work with really good gear, but assuming gear is equal dopple would still be much better.

a good choise is

SW1-Hop3-Cat3_La1

good AOE and good burst from Hop -La

not the best sworsman but if you like mounted class off meta

Aye. But Hop is a R3 class so I can’t see how you stuck that Lancer in there XD

Doppel is basically the fletcher of rank 8. Name any other class that has such powerful attacks with low CD (Zornhau 4k% 15sec CD; 275 SP per use though at level 6).

That doesn’t work.

I’d lean towards the second the first doesn’t really have much in terms of damage. Pelt Hop Cata is basically supposed to be a bulky aoe build.

If you don’t mind I’d like to throw a 3rd variant if you really want a cata build,

Sw2/Pelt>Hop2>Cata3>Lancer so you have spear lunge to boost lancer skills while having the mobility of cata.

This is probably the best variant without sacrificing damage. You will not need pelt C1 once you get to latter part of the game. Mobs aggro you as soon as you either walk past them or just hitting 1 enemy will trigger the others in the area.

1 Like

Honestly I’m still trying to find my own build. I jumped at Cata because I saw how quickly that thing moved :stuck_out_tongue:

What I wanted to achieve is: gather large amount of mobs with Swash>laugh at their damage>off them quick.

I wanted to make a Murmillo but I have no bloody idea how to make it work. Here’s the build I tried to make (note that I’m a newb and don’t know the mechs yet)

Full STR? Full CON? (I’m a fan of one stat builds XD)

My main is a lv94 Arch>Ranger3>Rogue>Reiter3 but it gets kinda boring after a while so I wanted a Swordie.

I would stay clear from Murmillo unless you have 60m saved up for the attributes you need for the build to be good.

Meh, at least I’d have an excuse to farm XD

PVE = Sw1 HL3 Cata3 Lancer1
PVP = the usual Sw3 Cata3 X Lancer1

2 Likes

Can confirm that this build does good in dungeon/mission runs, and ok in salus, but to be honest i dont recomend it that much for pure PVE.

You mean Sw1HL3Hop2BarbLancer? Or some variant? :joy: :sob:

Something like this?

Just… dont take cata for pve.

Sw3 for PB 15 Concentrate or gung ho and double slash.
Hoplite3 for Critrate Debuffs and some filler skills.
Dragoon only for the more dmg on bosses attribute.
LAncer for the Burst.

Gael bulg=>Spearlongue>Crush>Quintaint.

1 Like

Cata is not worth atm, trust me.

3 Likes

Bah, ok, I’m going Murm. Just tell me if this build works for PvE:

Also should I go full Str or mix with Con? I guess full Con would be an overkill, but then I’d be a tank monster XD

I didnt want to say this because you seem to be determined to make a cata, but im glad you are not going to do it. After the reblance patch they just killed cata very hard to the point that the only reason to be a cata its to use trot… yeah rush its still decent, but decent dont means good.

I was like you but in the end i decided to stay as a cata even in its current state, but if someone ask me if it is any good i can totally say NO, however, we catas can only hope the DEVs will realize how awful its the class atm and that they will buff it a little bit, but until then cata its just so bad that it hurts.

1 Like

SORRY MY MISTAKE, was SW2-HOP2-CA3-LA1

any response from devs?? @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Yuri ???

the issue with Cataphract class is big, IMC just killed any viable build with Cataphract, i’ve played this class since closed beta and now hurts this nerf

we need someone from the staff to tell us that they will talk about this issue with devs

I really believe that devs don’t play their own game for testing and just put random numbers in skills