Tree of Savior Forum

Cataphract and Spears questions

Hello there
I’ve a sw3 - cata3 - goon - lancer right now.
The damage is very, very, absurdly low. My spr cleric can melee things that this cannot.

ok, maybe not. I don’t even have a spr cleric, but you get where I’m going.

I know cataphract isn’t a DPS class, but it holds its own. I probably had wrongs expectations from this one.
Is this really the way the class works? It does wonders in PvP otherwise.

A Hoplite - goon - lancer build will work as a mounted one? Will I have problems regarding mount skills? The damage is through the roof? I’ve seen videos and I’m the edge of my seat to reroll this nondamaging thing.

i’m sorry, i’ve been playing physical-heavy-dpsers-that-are-not-berserkers since i was 4 yo. Supports out there, you da mvp.

Spearing should be covered by this Hop - goon - lancer build, I presume. Can I use Finestra and jumps from the mount and/or 2H spears? I’m not giving up on lancer for goon 3 tho (new patch)

thanks any help

Take in to account that such videos usually have +15 weapons with 10 transcendence.
Any build can deal damage with a weapon like that.

Cataphract and Dragoon got really nerfed a while ago because they wanted to end the “Catagoon meta”.

High2Hop2Lancer is a good PVE build. Yes you will be unmounted for using highlander skills. I don’t know about Hoplite skills.

1 Like

I’d probably not use HL from this build for SW2 at least.

But I can feel the damage dealing with a few other classes. I’ve no complaints about my 270 +0 weapon on anyone. Then I’ve got this character to that point and I was feeling frustrated because >no dmg. Rush helped things out but I can’t relly on one skill.

Spear builds, especially if you have Cataphract and Dragoon are just not in a good spot right now, no matter your build. They were on par with the others before, but IMC just decided one day that they need to be mowed down for absolutely no real reason at all. Cata IS a “DPS” class, but it got overnerfed to the point where you can do more damage by just auto attacking than using any of your skills. Dragoon just became weak overall. Simply don’t expect to do any huge amounts of damage right now as a spear build unless you heavily invest in one.

Hop3-Goon-Lancer is fine (albeit really slow for a mounted class), the only skill not usable on this build would be Long Stride from Hoplite tree.

1 Like