Tree of Savior Forum

Catalansair skill post-balance

What is the optimal skill distribution for Catalansair after today’s balance update?

For PVE I went with this: https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#1777hh.11213f435a8a65.1a31425a617185
Can’t say much for PVP though if that’s what you are looking for.

• Earth Wave only at 1 because its scaling is really saddening :frowning: even with Acrobatic Mount, I suppose some people may want to put more into it though maybe.

• Steed Charge at 3 because I found it pretty much impossible to get the second charge off in its 1.5 second window with only 1 point in it, doesn’t really sacrifice much to put 2 more points into it imo.

• Doom Spike at 10 for the Critical Resistance reduction. Keep in mind the debuff only lasts a couple seconds so if you have bad ping and cant combo your skills quickly maybe you’d want to shy away from the skill.

• Initiate at 1 for the 30% bonus damage (or something around that) for Rush while its up, I don’t remember if this also buffs other skills? I kind of forget sorry.

• Joust at 1 for the monster magic circle removal, useful against some enemies like the ones that summon those fire pillars that follow you, kind of situational but its only one point.

• Prevent at 1 as well, kind of situational but it has its uses sometimes.

Anyhoo, that’s what I went with and it feels pretty good for me, I’d like to hear other peoples opinion.

1 Like

pvp:
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#11117778hh.233f5c6a85.11213f435a8a65.152535.1231415a6a7185

Depending on personal preference you could either max restrain/pain barrier. Restrain is for burning prophecy’s immunity count but not for CC since the stun wears off quickly

1 Like

Is Earth Wave still not worth considering the 50%+ increase damage to knocked-down enemies + overheat change?

My SP is burning like crazy holy crap. One full duration of Rush is literally half my bar…

Earth Wave is a good skill, but its 3.9% scaling per point is really inefficient imo, thankfully its a short cd skill we can use multiple times now at least.

Yeah Rush is like 1200 SP while Acrobatic Mount is up, pretty crazy. Helps if you get some Spirit on gear, but don’t make sacrifices for it, we’ll mostly have to get used to drinking potions when using Rush.

Thank god they lowered the SP costs of most the skills when they added Acrobatic Mount, would have been even more crazy. In my opinion Rush shouldn’t cost as much Sp as it does, it’s a great skill, but the Sp cost is just too high for what it does.

The damage is good but for PVE only, considering the immunities in PVP, doomspike would be the better choice it also gives burst-like damage which is important in PVP. Thus, pve = earthwave, pvp = doomspike.

1 Like

Hey there. I came back to the game after a 1.5 years break, so back that days people always talked how awful Cata was for pve aspects and how the lack of peltasta and swashbuckling made SW useless for pve, mainly end game content. Nowadays, considering the SW changes, the cata buffs and the fake multi hits damage calculation changes, could a SW3Cata3C1L2 be ok/reasonable in pve to the point of not being left out of end game content?

@Tanzen
Why people take Double Slash? the skill doesn’t have much damage. Wouldn’t be better to put 5 points on Concentration for more damage?

Cata is still bad at PVE, doesn’t even come close to other swordie builds. If you really wanna focus on pve forget about Lancer. Dragoon is much better. The game is all about strong AOE damage at the moment which cata lancer lacks. Also, Sword3 Cata3 Corsair Lancer is a full pvp build which will make it even worse at pve. Trust me, its rubbish.

Concentrate is rubbish for Lancers, you will either be full STR, STR/Con or full Con as a Lancer. Double Slash is actually quite good. It has an attribute that pretty much guarantees a crit, therefore making it reasonable as a filler.

Again, stay away from Cata if your goal is to PVE. (It’s alright at Bossing though, key word being “alright”)

I have had a CataLancer as a main for a while now, I’ve tried all possible builds.

1 Like

For PvE, it improved a little; crush quintain combo could hit 777Kx3 white damage, field bosses will disappear in 3 hits, rush with initiate and acrobat is now good but still not as excellent as before. The problem of the cataphract class damagewise is that most of it’s base skill multipliers are very low that even a 50% boost from acrobat mount would make a small difference, but then again it improves lancer skills directly so it’s still a good change.

For the question,

could a SW3Cata3C1L2 be ok/reasonable in pve to the point of not being left out of end game content?

The answer is still no. sw3cata3goon1lancer2 or sw1hl2cata3goon1lancer2 would be a better option, but still not as good as current meta PVE swordsman like shinofencer and shinodoppel.

The recent changes improved catalansair’s PVP aspect alot; removing delays from knockdowns, reducing knockdown CC decay from 30% to 20%, earthwave with overheat has become a reliable source of knockdown, the damage buff 'acrobat mount’directly boost lancer skills, it also benefited from the fake multihit revamp, and the damage reduction from 30% to 20% also improved it’s survivability in general. The main downsides of catalansair are; the reliability on buffs with 75% and less uptimes which it means could only squeeze one crush quintain cooldown in an initiate+acrobat duration, and lack of aoe attack ratio.

Here is the current top 10 in SEA TBL, all lancers are catalansair but most are sw3 and I’m the only sw1pelt2.

Likewhat @KingsSoul , double slash is a nice filler as there is no really other option in SW3. Concentrate needs to be on max level for full potential and even if you go high DEX, conecentrate is actually not that good in a sense that the “minimal” pure damage boost is further reduced PVP.