Tree of Savior Forum

Catalance vs Hopalance

I’m looking to make a PvE Lancer and with the recent changes not sure if hopa or cata would be better. From what I have seen the main builds are SW3>X3>goon1>Lancer 2. Mostly looking for the pros and cons of each build with Lancer.

if you already have a pet, go cata to fully use it and stuff…

if you want to wait until lancer to get a pet go for hop…

check the skills well cause some skills don’t work mounted and lancer is a mounted class as far as I remember

1 Like

sw2 hop2 cata3 lancer2 lancer IMO lunge+acrob mount makes lancer skills hit really hard.

1 Like

I have a Swordsman>Highlander>Hoplite2>Cataphract3>Lancer2. It’s still kind of a new build so I haven’t really used it all that much.

Hoplite 3 has Stabbing, Pierce, Finestra and Spear Lunge.
Stabbing and Pierce, which does a lot of damage.
Finestra gives you more crit, AoE ratio.
Spear Lunge gives you more damage to Pierce attacks which is most of your skills. I believe it’s about 50%?

Cataphract 3 has Trot, Acrobatic Mount and Rush.
Trot makes you really fast.
Acrobatic mount increases damage to most of your attacks from Lancer and Cataphract, but you use way more SP.
Rush is ok. Stunlock monsters.

I have a nice Leaf Penguin I have been leveling on my wizards. So the hop 2 cata 3 build looks very appealing. Am I going to have AoE problems without goon 1? I do love me some good AoE.

This is my Lancer build and it’s indeed pretty good. I haven’t even started upgrading my Masinios Pike (+6, no trans and no gems at the moment) and I’m already dealing lots of damage.

1 Like

Hoplite and Lancer doesn’t have good AoE skills. I use Cataphract as my source of AoE damage, but Cataphract’s SFR is pretty low.

SFR? What is that? I have not heard that before.

they will be good with shinobi? if no than don’t make it.

Skill Factor Ratio. It’s the % damage of the skill.
With Acrobatic Mount it’s pretty decent.

Hm… I have a sword3-cata3-dragoon, planning to go lancer2. I sorta dislike this build. Cata’s offensive skills are quite weak yet SP consuming. Cata is really good as a support though.

If I can start over, I think I would go sword-pelt-hop2-cata3-lancer2. Or maybe hop3-cata2, what do you guys suggest?

hop2 cata3 lancer2 is the best IMO for lancer since stabbing is great now, lunge helps doom spike damage, Hop3 would only help with more crit and stabbing hits since the best from hop3 is 20% damage against medium and you cant use it since its 1h only. With cata3 you have more 25% damage with mounted skills and uptime trot.
You do need to invest in AoE attack ratio for hop and lancer skills to be effective. Against leather bosses you will be hitting cap damage x6 if you crit with quintain even with a fairly weak weapon, its my fav char for saalus xd.