Tree of Savior Forum

Catagoon Card Choice?

Just a quick question, what are best card choices for cata-goon? I’m asking cuz I have the Prison Cutter + Rajapearl card combo (bleeding damage + chance) and I’m wondering if it’s better than this setup:

Red: 3x Glass Mole (I have 3 Prison Cutters, one lv10)
Blue: 3x Nuaele for mdef
Green: 3 x Netherbovine for STR
Purple: 3x Demon Lord Marnox (I have 3 lv10 Rajapearls)

This is my build:

Stone Whales or Yetis are viable options if you want higher survivability, but your card set up is fine.

How does Stone Whales card work ?

Stone Whales do star/3% chance, with the chance stacking with multiple cards of reducing damage received by 10% for 5 seconds. They have a chance of activating based on your hits to enemies.

• Hitting multiple enemies with an AOE attack calculates each hit individually, so hitting 10 enemies has a chance of activating the card on each of those 10 enemies

• Only the card chance stacks, the effect does not

• True multihit skills do calculate each hit

• The damage reduction is applied after the formula, not on initial damage received

• Currently the effect can renew before it expires, but that is changing with an upcoming update from KTOS, this means the uptime of the card is reduced

• The damage reduction comes in the form of a buff

1 Like

thx, the card said per hit,I wasn’t sure did it mean by me or to me.

One more thing - what stats to aim for when identifying equipment? The only ones I can think of right now are:
Weapon: STR, Crit rate
Armor (leather): STR, Crit rate

Attack: Physical Attack, Critical Attack
Defence: Physical Defence, Magic Defence
Utility: HP, Crit Rate
Basic Stats: STR, DEX, CON

2H Spear:

Physical Attack, Crit Rate, STR, DEX, CON, Critical Attack

Armour:

STR, DEX, CON, Crit Rate

Block Penetration has a use in PVP, Block can be useful in PVP+PVE, Looting Chance is good for farming, but when it comes to maximising damage and survivability I recommend my examples.

Red, meaning the color of the dot next to a stat as in card colors?

Yes! Haha, let me change that, I switched my naming scheme part of the way through.

Few more questions: should I max Doom Spike now or wait for that new cata buff, Acrobatic Mount?

‘’[C2 Skill] Acrobatic Mount NEW
- Increases mounting skill damage by 5% and SP consumption by 10% per level.
- Duration: 40 sec.
- Cooldown: 60 sec.’’

The only skills it’ll have effect on are Earth Wave and Rush. I wonder if it’s worth that 50% dmg and 100% SP increase…

As for goon, do I have to fully charge the Dragon Fall or does it make no difference?
And does Dragon Helmet affect only goon skills or others (swordie, cata) as well?
PS Skills trigger Rajapearl effect, yes?

I’m not sure if we’ll be receiving Skill Resets like in KTOS when the update comes, but I have a Hoplite and a Cata and on both I’m going to prep my Skills as if the update was here.

You’ll definitely want to use Acrobatic Mount, it’s what’s going to make the class.

Dragon Fall charge doesn’t matter.

Dragoon Helmet only effects Dragoon skills.

Rajapearl works with skills.