Tree of Savior Forum

Catagoon build good for pve

no I mean the ratio if I should do str/dex/con 3/1/1 or something

this is just a bunch of text

Finestra 10% block rate is actually pretty underwhelming since it is 10% of base block rate, and not 10% of your final block rate.

Not sure about the Peltasta 25% block rate and how it works. (hard to test relatively I think since it’s always on).

1 Like

Can’t say much on stat because I’m always a 1 STR : 1 DEX player on my sword and archer toons. I also have 3 stat reset potions (was only available in founder packages and one previous event) so that kinda made me confident in not min-maxing.

I’d recommend @razm2888’s advice on 70 CON. Mine is the same and it feels just right and enough at the moment going 330. As for DEX vs STR, search around the forums for answers that appeals to you.

That I didn’t know. TIL. Thanks for the info man. Updated my reply.

2 Likes

what about sw 2 > hop 2 > cata 2 > dragoon2?

honestly i would like too a cata for PVE, so far what i have played with it i didnt have trouble but we talk about monsters 180, even 190 wouldnt be a trouble, but the problem would start around 220+ where some monsters are cloth with high HP pool, which would make a bit trouble for this build, unlike the common dragoon build which have doppelsoeldner cyclone to deal with them.

i have seen people that used this build but instea cata 2 they added doppelsoeldner 1 and this its something that i didnt like due the AI of the pet, before rank 8 patch this was kinda annoying as cyclone dismount you, which before rank 8 used to be bad because as soon you dismount the pet went to attack the mob you are focusing. as most of time they 1 shooted the pet and a dizzy pet its a useless pet until it recover but the time the pet need to recover its wasted time for you since cata skills require the mount.

i ask this because i know what i should expect around 230 and more maps since some of these maps i did monster kill with my dragoon of course i struggle a bit but thanks to cyclone, cloth monsters werent a trouble. and if the build isnt viable to make it dragoon2 probably i can delete the char and make space for another class.

I also did it with my catagoon alt, rank 7 in 6 days without using tomes and that’s before EXP modifier change.

Just curious, what weapon you using? my crush+quantain lvl 5 is only 50K at crit, using +10 cripple trasncend 1 no attrib.

Sorry if i am alredy annoynig we went alredy in the build and into the stats allocation so what abou the skill build and maybe the attributes

oh, it’s probably the attribute difference. I’m saving for the attribute discount event that’s why mine’s still 0.

1 unhoursing
1 crush
then up to you on how to distribute the rest, some things to consider:
1.) quantain is current best damage skill of lancer
2.) joust is multihit, extends silence per skill lvl
3.) not much info on initiate

Oh no. Should have saved ma silver.

Hmmm…70 con…I just go for 100 con…coz of armor trancendence w/c gives 1% con…:thinking:

@Tanzen
Waa…when is that attribute discount event??

@razm2888
So i need to start pumping dex now…coz I am pumping all str…got 400 already haha…

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

I have stumbled upon it around kToS patch, seems like it’s after the dumpling event.

1. Ausrine server & Vaivora server attribute costs are discounted by 20%.

• Discount Period: 29/09/2016 - 13/10/2016
  2. The Thanksgiving event 「Let’s make some Songpyeon?」has ended.

• You can no longer obtain Sonypyeon materials and crafting recipes. Event items are scheduled to be deleted in batches.
    • 06/10/2016 - Songpyeon materials, Songpyeon/Great Songpyeon Recipe bulk removal.
    • 20/10/2016 - Songpyeon, Great Songpyeon bulk removal.