Tree of Savior Forum

Catacombs Staff Vs Magas?

Does it worth it to craft Catacombs Staff or i should just keep going with my Magas Staff?

Same question here.

I read somewhere that Magic Amplification is a random value damage calculation. Based on that, I guess Catacombs Staff would have higher (?) max damage but it would fluctuate quite a bit because it’s base damage is quite low compared to Magas.

That’s really all that’s Catacombs is going on for it. The 16 to physical defense on it is kinda meh considering the materials it needs to craft.

But please to Wiz pros out there please do share us your insight. Since most spells have multiple hits in on them, so more chance to randomize a higher value, maybe the amplification is worth it?

Between those two, it would be Magas Staff. To calculate the value of Magic Amp vs Magic Attack, you simply divide the Magic Amp by 2.

I hope those are cheap though, otherwise you’re much better off using Arde + random 170 rod

1 Like

May I ask if the property damage on Arde is a flat addition to magic attack?

For example, I use a Khasti Rod with 214 Magic Atk does Arde Dagger property damage make that Magic Atk 367 instead?

Without considering the element of the target ofc.

Basically yes. You could view it like that. That’s why currently staff+damage dagger are usually better than using a 2hand staff.
Just remember that enemies can have elemental resistance/elements, in which case the damage of the arde dagger gets reduced or increased.

magic amplification is the same thing than critical for physical users. Instead 0 or 100 you deal a quanty btw 0 and the amplification you have.

As i understand the best weapon for mages is a white superior corona +9

I see. That explains the coronas in the market.

Thanks Sayurichan and shadgan_85! :smiley: