Tree of Savior Forum

Casual solo farming build!

It’s been quite some time since I’ve played, and I’ve never actually passed rank 6 due to the nature of the game in its earlier state.

So, as the title says, I’m looking for some feedback since the reset event is almost over and I won’t level fast enough to do some testing by myself. I’m thinking of a wizard to do some casual ( = viable but not super efficient) solo farming/grinding for materials since I have other characters for playing in groups.
I really like Chrono for the movement speed, but I can’t tell how relevant this is regarding high level mob density. I dislike Cryo for the CDs.
My overall ideas are stolen from other threads:

• Pyro > Link > Thaum > Chrono3 > Sage/WL/FF
    Probably too hybrid to do anything properly, but I’m not sure. It has everything I desire!

• Pyro > Link > Thaum3 > WL > Enchanter
    No Chrono, but I could sell some scrolls

• Pyro2 > Link2 > Thaum2 > Chrono2
    Appears to be a little bit boring, but it also covers many aspects

• W2 > Link2 > Thaum2 > FF2
    How the flying fork does one level such a build to rank 7?

I have this build at level 317 now and it is performing nicely at rank 8 maps. relying on kundela slash, buffs and debuffs from thauma to quest. This build was meant to farm mats and level 170 dung, with higher Magic attack(maybe with hunting grounds gear) I can do a partial farm of level 290 dungeon.

you will only encounter trouble with link resist mobs and bosses.
One way to boost your damage is by using swell left arm attribute that increases magic damage taken by shrink targets by 120%. You can use JP hangman’s knot shrink and spam energy bolt.

I find pyro underwhelming, and if you want to farm with pyro, you wont be able to kill mobs that have been swelled as easily as a Featherfoot with kundela slash. Pyro just lacks dps, it wasnt what it once was.

[quote=“ResonantSoul, post:2, topic:361654”]I find pyro underwhelming, and if you want to farm with pyro, you wont be able to kill mobs that have been swelled as easily as a Featherfoot with kundela slash. Pyro just lacks dps, it wasnt what it once was.
[/quote]

I get your point, but without a rank in Pyro I have literally no skills that deal damage until R7.

cafrisun and buffs - pew-pew aa
enough damage

1 Like

pyro doesnt even feel like it can do damage without linker and thaum, and even with it it still feels lackluster

you can use JP> hangman’s knot> spam energy bolt. I find it enough more mobs till about level 220+

1 Like

Since you’ve never been able to reach Rank 6, I wouldn’t pick any of those builds. I don’t think that they should be anyone’s first high char

Energy bolt with link+hangmans can kill any mobs on field maps/questing until you grab blood sucking/nghundi. In dungeons you will be a very great support until ff2 were you can deal damage more easily. Its hands down the best farming build in my opinion.

1 Like

I’ve tried wiz2>link2>thauma2>ff2.

The good things that I’ve experience are;

• It has lots of synergies that everything compliments each other. So combo skills ftw.
  • It’s a solid solo and solo-farm build that can pseudo one-hit mobs and also can do bossing (if you’re geared for it)

The only drawbacks are;

• This build takes a while to have that “power spike”. (although if you reach rank 7, It might help you fasten your leveling.)
  • Linkers are kinda terrible atm with their links breaking easily.

I was wondering what if u give up thau2 (ok 3 less swell mobs , and less dmg from swell left and right) for wiz3’s magic missile. would that work?

It might work but you need to dish out your rotation quickly as swelled mobs will only have 10 secs of duration. Going thauma2 gives you some sort of reliability in terms of killing the mobs on time.

To me, thauma best at c2/c3 but its really up to you.

thanks for your reply. whats the benefit of thau2,3 ? apart from more dmg buff (is the dmg increase that significant?) ; sorry I am kinda new to wizard >_<

Thanks for all your replies!

Thaum2 can increase the duration of Swell up to 15 seconds.

1 Like

Realy,
if this is your plan, do a “wiz2>link2>thauma2>ff2” build
or forget about this kind of build, cause this is the only
playable thauma/farm build atm.

:frowning:
Yaeh… frustrating.

swell left arm and right arm give magic attack damage boost. At 280 int and 50 spr, I have 1600+ Magic attack, after using swell left and right arm, i have 2500 magic attack. This is with lv 100 attribute on left arm.

Thaum c2 fits linker c2. Level 10 Joint penalty links 8 mobs and level 10 swell body swells 8 mobs, so JP 8 mobs, hangman’s knot and swell all 8 mobs.

1 Like

oh thats pretty good actually. cos i find that mobs in dungeon always return to the small size before I can kill it cos now links break really easily from those people with multi hit skills :C

yea. I’ve just tried it out , and it seems that thau2 is really better >,< quite a big dmg boost.

I’ve also tried Rune caster with ff, its not… very pleasing… :S

sorry level 50 attribute on left arm. And yes, rune caster seems like it was meant for cryo-kinoes.

1 Like

yea; thank you so much for your response.

im really interested in featherfoot class and trying to find a nice build for it :slight_smile:

At 330 INT
lv10 vs lv15 [swell left arm] is roughly 300 atk/matk
lv5 vs lv10 [swell right arm] is roughly 250 atk/matk/ or def/mdef

At 330 SPR
You lose rougly 825 matk
lv5 [swell brain] is rougly 550 matk

You are losing that much for 3 more links and 2 more link hits.

If you go wiz2-link1-thau3-ff2 damage in the early stage will come from wiz2. The combo’s are [energy bolt] + [sleep] + [joint penalty] and [lethargy] + [earthquake] + [joint penalty]. Both EB and EQ are AAR based so hangman’s knot: splash defense ensures you hit max possible targets on each cast. Joint penalty: earth also increase the damage of EQ.

Wiz2-link can carry you till later. Thau will amplify it until you reach ff.

level 10 JP links 8 targets, level 10 swell body swells 8 targets.
If the goal of the build is to farm stuff. Then link 2 thaum 2 is better. At level 290 with a +6 superior corona rod with 50 spr and all int, level 170 dung is easily soloable with wiz 2 link 2 thaum 2 ff 2.

You are arguing from a dps point of view and while not wrong, lets not forget that OP can afford level 315 HG weapons from market if he goes with wiz 2 link 2 thaum 2 ff2 because he should be able to farm enough silver to buy it off the market.

Currently At level 318 and am using this featherfoot to farm kugheri balzers.