Tree of Savior Forum

Career Opportunities are open!

IMC is now hiring for Tree of Savior! Yay~

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&sp=nmt3&tl=en&u=http://www.imc.co.kr/158110&usg=ALkJrhiMLS5rMo-BSqgjB5OolU9MIOXPOA

Are you a bad enough dude/gal to fix the game and server? Go apply because we need you!

1 Like

Tree of Seabird

Well now

1 Like

4 Likes

If I just have to ignore you all, while getting money count me in xD

That’s alright as long as you understand our environment here and tendencies then you’re fine. No communication is required because you don’t even need to know the language! That means while you slave to code out the next Cash Shop update you just have to know exactly how to present it properly. So after people complain about not getting any fixes or bugs you won’t even understand what they say~

15 Likes
  • Basic script and programming skills like Lua, Basic, C

Ewwwww

Overall planning and development of characters, skills, monsters, items, etc.

• If you are good interpersonal relationship, male only, military or exempt.

Male only, que?

It is supposed to be:
"good interpersonal relationship, and if male, done with military duty or exempt."
But google just can’t figure it out :wink:

5 Likes

Oh finally they are recruting.

Can we tag @Excrulon now? :grin:

12 Likes

Is he even still active?

Probably… I do recall a thread that he said quitting game but still around the forum.

Just checked his activity. Last post was 21 Oct :sweat: uhhh…

Too little, too late. This whole thing gives perspective to exactly how they are going about the game right now. Don’t even bother advertising or recruiting foreign people for the foreign server, but expected to understand what people want there magically. These applications have actually been open for a couple months now and still haven’t seen any results. IMC is completely out of touch and when they had the chance for getting help it was throw back in the community’s face.

See the differences here? They clearly don’t care to even try recruiting anyone internationally and this whole thing shows that -nothing- is getting done because they lack people to fix anything in the first place. So if you were ever in doubt about hues joking that “ToS will be fixed in 2010” or something that’s actually a good projection.

Baby steps though I guess? They need to start working WITH the community and not outside of it to fix these problems. Not sure about everyone else but my faith in the “Staff” to convey problems and concerns with the programmers and developers is so low you could make a storm front out of it.

4 Likes

How are you even supposed to have insight on overseas game environment if you don’t speak foreign languages? You need at least knowledge of one romanic language (Spanish preferably because it has the most native speakers after Chinese in the whole world and isn’t so far from Italian and French) + English… You can’t read foreign sources and/or have insight into foreign business management plans.

E.g. in Germany there’s a specific law that enforces companies to make their revenues public; you can go to a specific office and order a copy e.g. of the business revenue and countercheck it with the developement course/infos/leaks/insider news/etc., but how are you supposed to do this if you’re not able to understand the language?
Is there a poor hired soul who has to translate all this valuable info for these people? Or is it all guesswork after all?

User tendency is easy, you just have to check the forum communities of online games[again the language barrier #.#], but I bet IMC won’t hear good things in the report if it’s fact-based and not biased xD

1 Like

There is a reason why you know.

1. A Work visa is expensive
  2. Will the foreigner be able to adapt (Speaking the Native Language"NL". etc)
  3. Will he/she be willing to come to location for the interview( you must pay out your own pocket to get there. The company will not pay for your expenses).
  4. If you are hired do you have a place to stay( Goes back to question #1, as you need some form of identity, in order to be able to do something.)
    5.You better be the best if the employer in this case IMCGAMES is willing to hire you and help you get a work visa.

will you go through all that if you are not hired ?

2 Likes

Yes, because you’d make all that a requirement as an employer and if I was a programmer looking for a job in the international market then I’d understand what everything entails. Anyone whose looking to pursue a career in the video gaming industry would know that majority of things come from foreign markets in Japan and Korea. Excrulon thing aside I was speaking from a big picture stand point of an international game here.

How can you run a game on an international platform without a team that can function on an international level?

4 Likes

Amen to that. Even freaking world of tanks has an office in USA, when the hq and game dev happens mainly in Eastern Europe (Belarus - btw country where ToS got idea for Orsha)

Work for IMC?
Guess thats some ill mannered christmas joke.

huehue

2 Likes

This is defying the “international” part of the whole hiring plan. They should open a branch office per server and actually let 2-3 people per office work overseas rather than having only few people cramped in some office in Seoul or whereever IMC is located.
Interviews are already possible via Skype, authetification can be done via postal service,etc.
We’re not in the 19th century anymore where people had to meet face to face to get employed by someone. So why do you need to work&live in Korea if the work is about overseas economy anyways? Why not hire overseas directly? Heck, here are even enough Koreans in Europe/America to fill those positions who know Korean,English and are living already overseas…

Maybe IMC is in reality the HHG (Hanguk Hikkikomori Gyopa = Korea(n) Hikkikomori Denomination = equivalent to NHK), so that’s why they’re afraid of foreigners getting involved into their affairs/business and only stick around in Korea after all.

3 Likes

Content Management never directly interacts with the community, that’s what the Community Management positions are for.

That’s the problem. There’s been a break down of communication which was apparent when Julie quit. What ever they are doing now isn’t working and with the way they are recruiting it’s not showing signs of fixing that. They are absolutely out of touch with the player base here and understanding of anything aside from people like shiny hats and costumes. What’s needed is people to help bridge this gap better.

4 Likes

IMC! Give me Hidden GM ban commands and I’ll hunt those botters at lower levels everyday, no need to pay me :3

1 Like