Tree of Savior Forum

Card List and respective *values* (what to keep etc)

I just tested that out, players are not affected by the iltiswort cards in any way.

Sad to know that :frowning:
I was about to buy 3 for my pvp build

@Mikumo I swear i was just about to start a post like this. You beat me to it! Great job!

Though I was gonna do one that is more sorcerer/necromancer oriented, such as templeshooter being an important one for sorcerer.

If you don’t mind, can you please have a separate section where cards would be valuable/worth keeping for summons? If it’s too much trouble I will start another one.

Thanks a bunch.

Edit: wait why is Gazing Golem extremely powerful?! It’s only 10% max of activating. I already consumed it to level up my templeshooter…
:sad:

It’s 10%x3 as you can use 3 of the same

IMO perma-15% boost for both magic and physical (cough Clerics cough) isn’t bad for PVP purpose compared to the occassional +30% that requires you to chug down pots.

2 Likes

I would be happy to revamp the list to include summoner considerations too, however, I have no knowledge of the strength of each summon and will need everybody’s input.
For gazing golem you can stack up to 3x of the card so 30%, actually even 20% is good enough after testing in pve scenarios, im almost on 100% uptime on painbarrier which IS VERY helpful. atm gazing golem card is like 5-10m on my server.

1 Like

Hi guys, ive updated each card’s reviews again after looking at some of the comments and etc.
will see if i can work on adding summoner based usefulness in it as well, asking a around. If anyone has any information on each summon’s strengths, it would be greatly appreciated to share.

1 Like

Shhhhhhhhhhh!!! Do you want it to get nerfed ALREADY?

Kidding aside, it IS competing with Gazing Golem. I would probably say it is the card to use for those who already have access to KB/KD immunity like Werewolf druids or Sw3 variants. But assuming the abundance of this card from previous iteration of tos I expect people to use it and buy [aukuras] scroll for general PvE.

Red: still either glass mole or chap
Blue: nuale or zaura
Green: blut, ella?, link roller? hard stats are just bad
Purple: gazing golem (this is just too strong to not use)

So many cards but still slim pickings for general use. Some could be good (auto poison + vs poison, auto bleed + vs bleed) but I’m waiting for someone else to test em.

red slot and purple slot has the most variance.
for bossing- moa card can outake chapp/mole since it is 30% perm increase in ALL damage and most superior world bosses are devil type
for other classes theres monkey card for pd/wugus etcetc
theres alot more variance than meets the eye to red and purple slots, just need to think abit.
for example, canceril card in purple slot is actually broken on paper if you think about it and who is going to use it. but needs testing.
in terms of general pve though, most people will just opt for chapp/mole and pain barrier card. (atleast i cant give up the pain barrier card anymore after using it )

Yes I know they have niche uses but I’m taking about general use. Unless we can freely change cards or players have resigned their toons to do specific activities only.

In Korean:
http://www.inven.co.kr/board/tos/4185/12746

Wait… Mastema changes monster type into devil? Can anyone confirm this? If so, for how long??

I was also wondering which size based cards would be best for Thauma’s. I can’t really determine if I’m going to use swell or shrink more XD. Though large seems more logical since it would proc with swell+ elites.

@STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Letitia @STAFF_Yuri
would you kindly tell the developer to make same card effect does not stackable? this will make our deck has more diversity

“There are only a handful of skills in Tree of Savior that give characters the ability to change the property of enemies, and Mastema is one of them (another prime example is the Druid’s Chortasmata).
The main advantage of Mastema is that, as its stigma changes enemies to Devil type, characters with strong attacks against this property can use it to deal extra damage to any monster (this is especially useful to your Cleric friends).”

source - https://treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=791

3 Likes

@therhay @Mikumo thanks for the info. Now I need to get my gazing golem back :sad:

Mikumo: Thanks a bunch for adding info on summons. Unfortunately I am not too experienced myself either. I know Templeshooter is staple for sorcerer, and Gray Golem adds massive HP to shoggoth summon.

unfortunatey im still gathering information on each sorc card usefulness before i add it, might take awhile. but will update the post regularly once i find the required information

1 Like

Thanks for the info. So it changes the enemy to “devil” (race), right? It does not change them to “dark” (element)? It was a bit confusing since it also boosts holy property damages.

I would assume so, looking at imc’s official post

I don’t know if it was Tomblord or Rexipher summon but it was very annoying going against in TBL/PVP because it’s normal attacks have passive knockdown. I hope I’m not making it worst by sharing it with people here. :haha:

Hello. Long time lurker, but first time poster.

So I read about Mastema changing debuffed targets to Devil-type race and the implications on usage of Moa card for WLs. Me and my guildmate got interested, so we ran a couple of tests:

TL;DR : Ingame tooltip is correct, devs are most probably wrong.

Since there aren’t any Moa cards in sight, we decided to test the theory in 3 ways:

1. Does Mastema actually change targets to Devil-type?

2. If not, does it actually change targets to Dark-type instead?

3. If not, does it just straight up increase Holy damage as listed in the tooltip.

To test hypothesis 1, I used my SadhuTao (guildmate is elememe). There’s a little attribute for Divine Might that makes it deal 100% of your MATK upon casting to nearby Devil-type targets.

First test: does it work as advertised? Result: Yes, tested on the Akhlass mobs in Inner 8 map.
Second test: We went to Svalphinghas Forest. Mastema is casted on one of the squirrel mobs (original: beast-type). No damage on Divine Might cast even with the buff up.

For hypothesis 2, we utilized Astral Body Explosion of Sadhu which has Psychokinesis element. Psychokinesis element does 25% more damage on Dark element targets (it will show up as Fire +25% on screen, IDK why that is).

Test: Svalphinghas Forest again. ABE on target without Mastema, then compare damage to ABE with Mastema. No change at all.

Now, hypothesis 3. Straight up checking whether Mastema debuff has any effect on holy damage.
Test: Again, Svalphinghas forest squirrels. Method used is throwing Hamaya on the target and casting Mastema during Hamaya’s duration. Very noticeable increase in damage (around 62.5% difference, but exact numbers not that reliable because I forgot to take off Small Crystaras prior to testing…).

So, our conclusion is, Mastema most probably only increase holy damage inflicted on the debuffed target. It does not change target type whatsoever.

Apologies for no pictures because we originally only did this test for our own curiosity.

4 Likes