Tree of Savior Forum

Card Combo Testing: Velnia Monkey + Biteregina

Like the title said, i tested the combo between 2 cards from red and purple group

Red Group: Velnia Monkey +(star)% damage against poisoned enemies.
Purple Group: Biteregina (star/3)% chance of attack inflicting Poison for 6 seconds. (with 3 cards 10 stars it’s 9.99% of triggering poison per hit)

The whole idea is to triggering the Bitereginas effect as much as you can to gain the boost of Monkey cards.

PROS:

• Worked really well with classes that have lots of multi-hit skills, or classes with fast and continous attack
  • Worked like a charm vs bosses, almost 100% uptime of triggering 30% boost when you get used to it
  • In a party, if more than two people using Biteregina then it’s infinite Chappa boost

CONS:

• Hard to get Monkey and Biteregina cards, since Red and Purple’s card pool is quite huge
  • Doesn’t work well on classes with single hit skills
  • Have to sacrifice Gazing Golem card slots, mean you have to struggle with boss’s knock-down (1 Gazing Golem + 2 Biteregina still works vs bosses, almost 70% uptime)
  • Doesn’t have the burst power of Chapparition/Glassmole versus large packs of mobs, but versus high HP mobs i think it’s better

Note:

• Poison, bleeding and other ticks (like Wugushi skills or Fletcher’s broadhead, Warlock’s Masterma, etc…) counted as hits too, means every tick has 10% chance of triggering the effect
  • Fake multi-hit skills counted as 1 hit only, no matter how many lines it has

Below is the videos that i tested with my elewl and SR. Both can maintain the poison uptime quite well. My SR has low dex and not so low ping, i believe it can performs better than that.

10 Likes

Hello and thank you for your contribution!

Just wanna ask, why pick poison over bleeding cards?

This is panning out pretty much how I predicted it would…

Seems like Velnia, and maybe Prison Cutter, will become the new meta cards to use in most cases (at least for most classes that can manage high uptime on poison and bleed)

2 Likes

The reason why i pick poison over bleeding is poison ticks alot faster than bleeding, which will get more benefit from blessing (when we get the unlimited blessing patch). And poison makes enemies bodies turn to green, which is easier to spot than bleeding effect. But that’s my personal choice, Prison Cutter + Rajapearl works fine too

XD if you wanna use for pvp, you should use marionette instead… because it cause slow debuff to enemies :smiley:

Cool! Very nice reason. Thanks a lot!!

1 Like

If there’s a Wugu in your party, do both your card’s poison debuff and their poison skills stack, and not overwrite one or the other? I have an archer that I want to turn into a WBer but confused if I should go Wugu or Fletch.

yes it’s completely different from wugushi’s poison and they do stack.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. I guess the only downside with Wugu is that we can overwrite each other’s poison debuffs, or is that no longer the case?

no it stacks from long long time ago, no more overwrite, so does pd2’s blackdeath steam and fletcher’s broadhead

If u take wugushi2 then 3 Velnia Monkey alone is good enough, wugong gu and needle blow for single target dmg boost and throw gu pot for aoe dmg boost, no need to take 3 biteregina.

3 Likes

Yeah, that does make sense. Thanks for confirming!

have you ever encountered mobs or bosses that don’t get affected by poison? (or bleeding for anyone who went to use that combo instead)

What server are you on?

Does Biteregina poison overwrite Tipio’s posion (druid c3)?

so far none, all get poisoned

i dont play druid so i have no idea :D, and im on Telsial

Also Velnia Monkey cards works for Plague Doctor’s Black Death Steam without the need of Biteregina, so as soon as an enemy is infected with it you’ll benefit from Velnia Monkey cards.

1 Like

yea i know, Biteregina is only for classes that dont have poison skills

Does Bitergina stack with PD’s poison? Can I use Monkey + Bitergina on PD for more dmg if so?