Tree of Savior Forum

Can't access my adventure journal!

Please fill in as much as you can :

Date and Time(Please, specify the timezone) : 6:40 AM (EDT)

Server Name: Orsha

Team Name: Ashtyr

Character Name: Sara

Bug Description: My Adventure Journal isn’t viewable on this character properly. If I open it, there is a black window overlaying it with broken “Achievement Rate” text on it twice and a “Premium Item” collapsible button, which shows only Instance Clear Voucher. If I click on it, it expands to show bars to fill with items – 1 for 1x Instance Clear Voucher recipe and one for 3x Instance Clear Voucher. There are no buttons of any kind otherwise on this window, and I cannot manage to interact with the Adventure Journal below the black window, nor anything else in the black window itself.

Steps to reproduce the issue :

1. Open adventure journal.
  2. Observe black window.

Screenshots / Video :

Game Control Mode (Keyboard/Joypad/Mouse): Tried all three.

System

• CPU: AMD Phenom X4 3.0Ghz
  • RAM: 8 GB DDR3
  • Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750
  • Mainboard: EVGA 113-M2-E113
  • Storage: 2 TB
  • Internet Connection: 3 MB/sec Cable
  • Country, Region: USA, Buffalo, New York

I do not use nor have any mods of any kind.

1 Like

Hello @sara1,

Just to be thorough, are you using any add-ons at all?

No add-ons or mods whatsoever. I’ve never had or used any. I also tried reinstalling the game, which did not alter the issue, and tried playing it on my laptop instead (where I just installed the game yesterday – and didn’t even so much as change settings on after installing). The results were the same in all cases. It doesn’t occur on my other characters, but this is a big problem for me since this is the character I want to use right now, and I actually use the journal quite a bit! x_x

Whelp… That’s strange… Thanks for reporting the issue and sorry for the inconvenience.

Well be looking into the issue, but please do let me know if anything changes. :slight_smile:

I can confirm I have the same problem :

My Fencer

My Archer

Same settings, same pc. I merely swapped to my archer while still logged in and the issue is not there for that character (nor any of my others). Only my Fencer is affected.

Another interesting side effect is that the Adventure Journal on my Archer acts as normal, no lag
However, on my fencer, it causes frame rate to plummet, going from my usual 60 FPS to a mere 18.

It looks like it might be drawing -all- possible journal elements at the same time. In our screens, you can see faint imprints of text from other versions of the screen, not just the monster screen which is the most visible.

I’m having the same problem
And also getting small freeze ups when I open the map or when something is added to the journal

Mine is working again right now. I don’t know what could have fixed it.
It was broken one moment (while in Novaha Institute) and the next it was working (after I went back to Orsha).
Will post again if it breaks again for me.

I’m having the same problem (Silute Server)
It’s just in my first account character

I’m also experiencing this issue on Fedimian on my main character ‘Shade’ - Shade_Aurion
Black overlay, glitched achievements, etc.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon <3

I’m having the same problem

Server: Silute

Teamname: YouEven

same problem on 1 character only, also my frames drop drastically when journal is open from 70 to 10.

Got the same Problem,with the highest char.
Other Chars are fine and everything works.
Doing at steam: searching the files for Errors but it doesent help.

Server: Fedimian
Teamname: Steinberg
Char: Brownick

pls fix it soon.

hope they fix it too ,today

Still with this problem.
Hope they solve it soon

Sit -> Item Crafting -> Check Show Craftable Item -> Change Channel -> F4, and it will be all good.

6 Likes

Thank you for the help! :heart:

Many thx Tiaaa.
How do you found it out?

Thx, you’re awesome :smile:

Thank you Tiaaa, that worked for me <3

1 Like