Tree of Savior Forum

Cancel the Halloween Event

Dear GMs, Have you tried playing the Event yet?

Have you gone in and seen the mess that the devs have made?

A reply from @staff would be nice just to hear your opinions on this event. And maybe your experience with it, if you guys event tried it yourselves of course.

To be more specific, I will list the problems encountered in this event so far
Problems encountered so far:
-when players equip swordies and sprint, they seem to have a high chance of desyncing and hence becoming invisible, this occurs mostly when they run around corners and such.

-Players ganging up and teaming up together. Bullying by players who know each other. Example: player A kills a lot of players just so that his buddy can pick up all the candies.
(This is just one of the many strong reasons to just cancel this event as a whole, IMC just showed how Fucked up players can be)

-Players have no spawn protection and hence this causes a lot of chasing around by players with significantly more candies than others.

-Spawn rates are just too damn low. This forces players to PVP and I think if spawn rates were increased by maybe 2x, this would reduce the need for players to PvP. (I cant understand why you guys would want to force players to PvP when you guys know that not every player participates in TBL and they do not because they dont want to PvP)

-Why use klapeidia map? why not Nahash forest or some other map that has better layout so that players dont get trapped in narrow areas and get â– â– â– â– â– â–  by players that gang up on you together?

We play TOS, not Agario. There is TBL for a reason and thats where you keep the pvp at.

Possible ways to address these issues are to either cancel the event as a whole, just give some halloween “package” maybe containing bear acc, some attribute points and just get rid of solmiki items********(you guys are giving solmiki items to the most cancerous cunts in the game because they probably ganged up on players just to get 300 candies each run, How do you actually feel about that?)******

7 Likes

Halloween is supposed to be a Fun event where kids go out to get candy or just cosplaying at parties in general.

Why did you guys make such an event that creates more tension and frustration amongst players? Simply making an event where maybe players transform into different mobs to cosplay with some mechanic wouldnt be too bad right?

eg, transform into a mob to get candy or fight the Halloween witch?

I don’t think this event has been very “fun” for many players and you guys can definitely see from feedback given by players on forums. PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS EVENT AGAIN FOR CHRISTMAS.

3 Likes

Its been getting worse and worse too, I’ve noticed pretty much every run there’s multiple groups of 2 or more people working together. Its pretty unfun.

But hey, please look forward to them making that announcement regarding the rewards soon*TM. :joy:

1 Like

This is without a doubt the worst event we have seen so far.

If you wanted to make players show toxic sides that they didn’t know they had, then you succeeded.

I cannot comprehend how someone came up with this grabage and how in the F**K someone else approved for it to be put on the servers.

I participated till I got all the atribute points and have never entered this horrible cancerous nonsense since.

In hindsight I think it was a mistake to even waste my time for the attribute points, simply from all the frustrating bullshit that goes on inside.

And that’s without even acknowledging that there are supposedly going to be rewards for the top assholes this nightmare produces.

How? How do you f**k up so bad? Coming up with events that don’t spread hate and toxicity is not this hard.
Had you tried your best to make the event that would bring out the worst out of the community and make people hate each other, I’m not sure you could have done a better job.

5 Likes

In general do korean mmo promote social interactions or pit them against each other?

More and more people using cheat engines, wonder if there still are people defending this kind of crappy event, maybe just because they managed to gather some candies and are scared to lose em in order to fix that awful abuse and stop cheaters

@staff

Your recent update just made it even more cancerous. Just when I thought I found a way to avoid getting in to hostile channels to get peaceful runs, you guys decided to remove it and go for randomised channel entry which just causes the peaceful runners to encounter the laggers and desyncers that teleport all over the place and kill you. How do you kill or attack a player in the halloween event if they cant be seen.

It is good that you guys added spawn protection but that does not solve the central issue at heart that most players hate from this event and thats pvp.

If you guys set up a pvp and a non pvp dungeon, i garuntee you that you will see a â– â– â– â–  load more people on non pvp than pvp.

I hope players on ktos feel the same way because I doubt you guys will ever forward such opinions to devs if they are from itos.

Nexon save us all :tired:

1 Like

its not bad, its flustrating, irritating and annoying! i dont know why its even a pvp event… there can be a pvp option if somoene want but only IF SOMEONE WANT!

1 Like