Tree of Savior Forum

Can you help-me with my Peltasta C3>Squire C3 build?

Hi,

I didn’t play the Closed Beta, so I do not know much about the game. And beacuse of that I’m here asking your help.
I want to build a tank focused on PvE(grinding, DG, World Boss, Earth Tower and future end game feature) and GvG(the actual system and the probable future war). I did some research and made this build.

The problem is that I don’t know if it is right or how to distribute the status.
About the status I was thinking to choose one of these CON=STR/CON=DEX/ 3 CON 1 STR/ 3 CON 1 DEX/ 3 CON 2 STR 1 DEX/ 3 CON 2 DEX 1 STR/ 3 CON 1 STR 1 DEX. I as said, I want to tank all monsters and bosses without a problem and at least don’t miss the skills on a GvG

1 Like

Peltasta & Squire guide

For GvG or PvP, you can’t do much besides casting Arrest and repairing stuff.
For Earth Tower and tanking in dungeons, you definitely need CON. Spend the rest of the points to either STR or DEX. STR provides more damage to make your game easier, DEX provides you more evasion which is also good for tanking physical atk mobs and accuracy for PvP.

For Squire, you can take Arrest at lv 2 or 4, Repair at level 6 or 15, Weapon Maintenance at lv 15, Refreshment at lv 15, Base Camp at lv 4 or 10. Avoid Armor Maintenance unless your guild friends told you to take it to lv 15. Ditch Penalty Reduction completely.

For Peltasta, take Umbo Blow lv 5, Rim Blow lv 4, Swashbuck lv 15, Guardian lv 1, High Guard lv 6 to access the Umbo-Rim Blow damage multiplier attribute, Butterfly lv 5, Umbro Thrust lv 1 only for Armor Break.

With the above setup, there should be around 8 skill points left. You can spend them on either Umbo Blow or High Guard or Langort or Umbro Thrust. I personally prefer Umbo Blow and High Guard.

What’s your opinion about STR > DEX (2:1) for 2H Swordsman?

If you are going for full DPS Sword c1 > High c2 > Barb c2 > Dop c2

Then STR > DEX is a good choice. IMO, you can’t have your DEX too high for evasion because you won’t be able to maximize your Deeds of Valor stack (because your enemies can’t hit you, at least PvE wise). You can increase your accuracy and crit rate from gears-gems. You should also use plate armor set so you won’t be a glass cannon. I don’t recommend you to take Leather armor because you will gain bonus evasion which you want to avoid.

However, full DPS build like that is more for PvE purpose. You will have a hard time in PvP because you can’t always hit Swordsman-Archer that use high DEX build. But if you can hit them, you can kill em pretty quick. It’s not a 1 shot kill like Musketeer-Cannoneer, but 1-2 skills from Dop c2 and Cyclone lv 10 are enough to kill enemies with HP below 20k (especially if you deal critical hit).

1 Like

Thanks for the answer.I have already made the changes on my build.
You said that a definitely need CON on my build, is there a maximum of how many points I can put on it? And how much DEX is good to at least hit people with Umbo Blow/Thrust?

Oh, thanks for the answer. I’ll be Sword C1 > High C3 > Corsair C1 > Doppel C2 focus on PvE but I wanna be helpful on PvP too.

200++ DEX (against Archers and high DEX swordsman), but if you have weapons or gears that provide 30-50+ accuracy, you only need 150-170+ DEX. You should go for Leather Armor set for bonus evasion attribute. Leather armor also provides more evasion from the boots and more accuracy from gloves compared to other armor types. With pretty high DEX and evasion, you will be safe from most physical mobs in PvE.

As for CON, there is no limit. Currently, there is no way for Swordsman to tank magic except by having tons of HP. Late game magical mobs (especially in Earth Tower) can deal 4-5k magic damage per hit.

It’s a good build.
I assume you go for Cors c1 for its Jolly Roger lv 5, Iron Hook lv 5, and Unlock Chest lv 5, correct? Bcause you can’t use Dust Devil with 2h sword, and Keel Hauling is really bad.

1 Like

That’s a lot of damage. With only 129 points into CON can I tank? It only provides me 30k of HP (The others 150 are in DEX as you said)

Well we can’t be good at everything, can we?
Even a full CON build has its downside, because it can’t dodge physical attacks. You are basically a statue who keeps holding your Shield Guard until the enemies got wiped. If you release your Shield Guard just for even 1 second, you may lost 10-20k HP if there are more than 10 mobs hitting you.

You can tank with 30k HP as long as you play it safe. Don’t lure too many magic mobs at once. This is also a team game, so you don’t really need to worry that much about you will get hurt by magic mobs. Someone else will help you to take care of the magic mobs.

You’re right. I haven’t thought on that. I was concerned about the end game, because the only video of Earth Tower that I saw the tanker(templar) had 88k of HP

EDIT: 88k with Swashbuck

It’s a CON > STR build. He wants to deal damage to make his early game easier. It’s not a bad choice. But at late game, he can’t do anything except using Swashbuckling and hold his Shield Guard.

Good tip. I’ll get around 150-170 DEX in my build too, since the current max lvl is 280. How about CON in my stats build? Around 50 or nevermind for a while?

I was planning to get Keel Hauling just for solo grind (when Iron Hook’s attribute is turn off) but I’ll think about your suggestion.

BTW, I’m sorry @Yusuke to be using your topic just for my questions.

It’s okay, no problem at all. It’s a new game and nobody wants to make a mistake when making a character, after all it will be 280 levels and the grinding to get all equipment.

1 Like

Just bear in mind that your gear will also decide your capabilities in “unscaled PvP” such as duel and GvG.

In arena, a few type of Archers are still untouchable, but at least Swordsman can still hit most Archers with enough DEX.

And please don’t misunderstand. What I meant by 150-170 DEX is the status distribution, not the actual status. If you use 170 status points into DEX, I think you should have around 250+ actual DEX (because of the scaling).

At level 280, you should get around 279 status points.
Spend 150-170 points to DEX, and then spend the rest to either CON or STR or mixed (depends on your build).

Any amount of CON as long as you have at least 20k HP at level 280 (without using plate armor).

When you pull your enemy with Keel Hauling, your enemy can move, attack, and use skills. That’s why it’s bad. The damage isn’t that good either. IMO, it’s a waste of SP. If you go Highlander, you will spam your Skyliner in grinding. There’s no place for Keel Hauling.

1 Like

Perfect. Thank you so much for the answers \o/