Tree of Savior Forum

Can we get a Oracle rework? (yes AGAIN) Suggestions here

Since the rework oracle just still viable c1 for utilty and c3 for shop, with shop revamp its so hard to find a c3, since does not provide any profit anymore…

Why not try to get some feedback from players,and do something that work?

Hey folks, can we try to make this topic just for oracle suggestions? skills, new skills,attribute and etc

Death sentence needs a revamp imo… the 5 target limit is ridiculous… Also I have a pardoner oracle with only level 5 safety zone… and that sometimes is close to impossible to save me from my own skill…It is maybe my fault but… I think it is cruel that that skill is not even that good and also can kill me… It should also affect boss monsters in a way.

I also don’t rly see ppl using fortell…I don’t think that’s a bad skill just… Almost only archer could rly use it because they are the ones who can attack while moving. That skill needs something extra.

Twist of Fate feels too limited too… It is hard to use on normal monsters in a party… and a lot of times it is not needed/useful on boss monsters either.

1 Like

Be careful what you wish for. Cannoneers posted lots of feedback where some got uses but over all the net effect was a huge nerf to cannoneer.

2 Likes

At least i can see cannon elsewhere,

oracle… none

In my opinion, Oracle is very bad because of two facts:

1. Kabbalist is better in everything Oracle does (Merkabah providing magic immunity and damage boost at C2, Double Chance providing a huge damage boost at C2, Gevurah providing a huge damage boost at C3, Ein Sof providing a huge boost on HP+ HP- and/or SP recovery, Clone being better than Resetting)
  2. Oracle is introduced too late into the roster, so it has to compete with Kabbalist, Plague Doctor, Taoist.

As the best skills are already introduced at Circle 1, there is little to no incentive to go any further into Oracle.
Arcane Energy can be scrolled, no-one wants to level Change or Counter Spell anyway (putting 1 Rank in Diev would be more beneficial).

At C2 we only have 1 single skill, which is pretty much useless as the CD time is way higher than any Kabbalists Double Chance (60 seconds vs 35 seconds) and the damage even backfires to the player if the monster doesn’t die (Kabbalist doesn’t have to worry about this) during the short debuff time (could work great with Pardoners Discerning Evil, but even then it simply doesn’t help that much)
and the worst fact is that the skill doesn’t work on boss monsters at all.

Meanwhile Double Chance and Gevurah work on all monsters with little to no limitation in the amount of targets affected.

For C3 we have Foretell, which became completely useless outside of GVG since the majority of Classes can’t attack while moving, so they will lose the protection while moving inside the Circle when they have to stop to attack.
Meanwhile, Druids Sterea Troph has a higher uptime/downtime ratio at the same Rank (Rank 8) with the same limitation of having to stay inside the Circle, but without the downside of being unable to attack without losing the protection of the skill.

Even while under Merkabahs “Divine Protection”, you can stand still and attack and still be protected by chance unless the chariot moved out of your area.

All these skills are available at the same Rank (8) with similar benefits but less downsides and less CD time/uptime ratio.

To make Oracle great, you’d need a lot of changes, especially lots of new attributes for the skills to become viable for the use outside of GVG.

1. reduce the CD time of the following skills:

Death Sentence : 60 seconds > 35 seconds
Counter Spell : 60 seconds > 50 seconds
Foretell: 50 seconds > 35 seconds
Twist of Fate : 35 seconds > 25 seconds
Change : 60 seconds > 45 seconds
Resetting : 150 seconds > 50 seconds

1. change the effects and/or specs of some skills

Death Sentence:
Now affects 5+skilllevel enemies around the caster.
Damage boost is changed to 8 * skilllevel %, a quarter of it applies to boss monsters(so max +22% at level 11).

Foretell:
skill now applies as a buff that provides 100% nullification as long as you are inside the magic circle.
Skill duration is changed to 5+ skilllevel * 2 seconds

Add a new attribute that provides a 3 second buff when leaving the magic circle that provides 33% chance to nullify an incoming attack.

Counter Spell:
Skill duration is changed to skilllevel seconds (so it lasts 1 second at level 1 and 15 seconds at level 15).

Now receives a C3 attribute that protects skills cast inside the area of Counter Spell from being destroyed by ground target destruction skills (including Counter Spell itself).

Change:
Skilllevel now reduces CD by 1 second and increases the number of targets by 1.

New C2 attribute added: Call of Deities.
Allows to use the skill on your summons instead of monsters.

Twist of Fate:
add a new attribute that allows the skill to affect skilllevel amount of targets while fixing the damage per target at 5 * skilllevel % HP.

Add a new skill at Circle 2: Call of Deities.
CD 60 seconds, summons random monsters to aid you in battle (duration 200 seconds).
Number, attack and HP of monsters are influenced by skillevel:

number of monsters summoned = 1 + 0,5 * (skilllevel - 1)
attack bonus = 2% per skilllevel
HP% of caster = 15% per skilllevel

4 Likes

Your ideas are kind great, but skills likee chang e should be removed… i dont feel oraclee like a oracle u know what i mean?

forecast must be better, all indicator from bosses should be removed, and can only be seen by forecast, making oracle requested for safe boss fights

Change- Remove give us something useful
Arcane energy - remove or Great change,stamina is not a problema even mana since have kaba
Death sentence- I miss thee old death sentence, is exactly what a oracle could do…
Prophecy- Buff a lot, any prvent from pd is better than this or even dispeller
All the rest of skills lower the cd, and give some good attributes

I think Change could become really great if it would be possible to use it on your summons.
Imagine you could change your zombies into other (possibly new and stronger) types of zombies, transform Paladins converted mobs and/or even your Dievdirbys statues in addition to your own summons created via call of deities.

I think Oracle could provide a viable continuation for a summon-based Dievdirbys/Bokor that way.

The general theme of Oracle should be to turn the tables in battle through manipulation of fate.
Change could play a major role in this struggle to get the upper hand.
It’s also nice to have some randomness in the fight.

All in all, if done right, Oracle could be an amazing Class. Currently its demise is due to bad balancing choices that moved the Class further away from its original purpose and instead made it into a “jack of all trades”, but a really bad one.

To be honest, when I look at the rework of Kabbalist and Druid, I think the developers tried to make all Classes in Ranks 6/7 of Cleric do ± the same(immunity+recovery+status- and/or damage augmentation) with different results…

That’s not really diverse but in fact made some Classes obsolete in their basic function. I don’t really like the premise of Clerics becoming ± the same throughout the Ranks, what’s the point of diversity then?

It will also lead to the inevitable demise of certain Classes, depending on the content that’s being participated in.

I came up with some ideas too. I mostly rly liked streamside’s ideas but I tried to make my own twists too.

Death Sentence
Definitely needs more targets at least skill level*1
I think it should work on boss monsters…
I also have different ideas for it because the extra damage for me feels too simple but not necessarily have to be changed.

1. version: Death Sentence not rly feels like Death Sentence anymore. It could be that it decreases monsters HP over time till it actually dies.
    -It could also happen in different ways. The damage could be % HP based but that’s a bit questionable how to optimize it for bosses… it should be a rly rly low % HP for them and I also think they should be able to erase the effect of it from themselves. Not just to not be that op but also so it makes you recast it from time to time.
    -I also made this formula that doesn’t seem that op to me that it would do a fix damage of Character level * Skill level * 2/sec
    -At last… The monster would take X% damage of the first hit it got as dot type damage/sec till it dies. It is hard to determine the right amount tho. But I think something like 5-10%… But thta soemtimes feels not enough soemtimes too much…
    -It could still get an attribute that pretty much does the same as it does now and have the backlash effect like now… Death Sentence: Lynching: The enemy takes X amount of more damage / attribute level for 10 sec This could be good to recast it sometimes.

2. version: I realised this has a lot of flaws…so maybe later if I can fix it…

Fortell

New attribute: The all-seeing: After you succesfully avoided an attack, for 3 sec you become invincible.
New Attribute: Cheating Death: Instead of the returned damage of death sentence killing you it sets your HP to 1 if you avoided it with Foretell.

Twist of Fate

Affects all monsters that has the Death Sentence Debuff on it. ( It doesn’t get any bonus damage tho just like now )

Prophecy
Additional damage reduction 1%/level.

Arcane Energy
New Attribute: Energy Flow: Also restores 1% max sp for Skill level sec.

Change
Not sure in this one… if I would want to keep this skill at all or not… It could rly make a return and get close to how zooracles worked back then but not sure… it definitely shouldn’t go that far to be the obvious must-have choice for summoners.

Also it has that weird +/- level to monsters…what is weird because at least in the times I used it…it didn’t rly matter… the monster came with random stats and even if it was weaker in level it could came with much stronger stats… That doesn’t rly make sense at all…
I would work on it to actually make monsters weaker/stronger based on their level… Also would add 2 attributes 1 that gives a higher chances to weaker mosnters and another that gives a higher chance for stronger monsters and only one of them could be active at once.

Also the skill name actually suggest lots of possibilites… Could change elements…or change skills/skill elements too…

Counter Spell

I rly like this one haha. So I don’t feel like I would want to come up with anything else.

Call of Deities

1. I rly like the idea of this skill returning in a different form. My idea is tho that it could actually summon the power of Goddesses on the field randomly by chance. This skill would actually do different things according to which Goddess answers your call.
    The skill would be a kind of ritual channeling skill… where you pray for 5 sec then something happens. There could be a chance noone answers your call. Also there could be a low chance Giltine answers…and would send powerful demons or a boss on you.
    I also think this skill could be a bit more complicated and only Goddesses you helped/saved during main quests would help you.
    Maybe Gabija would burn up the screen…maybe with the help of sending out Grita… Maybe one would just send kupole/s to help… Maybe one would heal everyone…etc.

2. Or maybe just simply Kupoles could come and help you… XD

But anyway I would make it feel like more “deity” related in a way… X)

1 Like

Definitely need a rework. The class is utter garbage now. C1 is ok as a filler for the nullification attribute, but that’s about it.

pleas just fix forecast, I could have sworn I saw an illustration of an Oracle with a phoenix perhaps they could be reworked into a new spirit class, fits because birds were used by augers… ugh so many possibilities, right now i’m imagining them summoning a tree where near it your attacks always crit in reference of the oracles of Dodona and their holy tree, or anything in relation to Delphi as is Oracle’s skills are just random slot machine niches all with cumbersome even lethal mechanics :sob:

Counter spell itself already can’t be cancelled by any destruction skill.

By circle spells inside it can. That atribute would protect them.

Call of Deities

1. I rly like the idea of this skill returning in a different form. My idea is tho that it could actually summon the power of Goddesses on the field randomly by chance. This skill would actually do different things according to which Goddess answers your call.
    The skill would be a kind of ritual channeling skill… where you pray for 5 sec then something happens. There could be a chance noone answers your call. Also there could be a low chance Giltine answers…and would send powerful demons or a boss on you.
    I also think this skill could be a bit more complicated and only Goddesses you helped/saved during main quests would help you.
    Maybe Gabija would burn up the screen…maybe with the help of sending out Grita… Maybe one would just send kupole/s to help… Maybe one would heal everyone…etc.
  2. Or maybe just simply Kupoles could come and help you… XD

I like the idea of a random call. Maybe it could be implemented to a specific goddess with the goddess system mentioned on one of the popolion posts. I think it was the second post.

A way to make counterspell useful would be to introduce C2 and C3 attributes that actually…countered spells.

C2 attribute - duration: Increases the duration of counterspell by 1 second per attribute, max 5
C2 attribute - counter status: status effects cast on targets buffed by counterspell affect the caster instead

C3 attribute - counter damage: All damaging magic on targets buffed by counterspell hit the caster instead

1 Like